Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

post it on facebook and help a girl with brain cancer!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have contacted my local news companies, fox news, cnn, I have emailed BARRACK OBAMA lol. Please share this story and make this a massive act of humanity! Kids just don't deserve to suffer make her dreams come true! *I am not affiliated with this charity just heart warmed by this story*

http://www.reddit.com/r/washingtondc/comments/1d10ej/flash_mob_needed_to_make_a_little_girls_dream/

I am in need of a flash mob. I am a chairperson for Stillbrave which is a childhood cancer foundation for the DC/MD/VA area. We have a little girl who was just recently diagnosed with brain cancer that we are helping. We provide non-medical assistance to families that are dealing with this crappy thing called cancer. Well...this little girl hasn't been doing so well. She's lost her appetite (which is fairly normal with chemotherapy) and is having a hard time right now. Tara's dream has always been to be a princess. So we are making that dream come true. We have reserved a horse drawn carriage for Friday May 3rd. Tara's mom is having a princess tea party for her and her friends. Our director, Tom, is dressing up as Prince Charming. He will go to her house, put a glass slipper on her little foot and then take her and her friends for a carriage ride.

Now here is where you can come in and help. We want to make her feel like the most special princess there is. So we want to get a large flash mob of people lining the main street the carriage is going to take holding up "Princess Tara" signs and cheering her on.

I mean...who wouldn't want to be a part of making this little girl smile? We want this to be big! We want people cheering and yelling and just going nuts for this little girl. She needs a pick me up so she can fight this horrible disease and go on to have many more of her dreams come true. So who's with me? All it will take is a little bit of your time and enthusiasm.

We'd like to keep this hush hush so it's a real surprise for Tara.

Here are the details:

When: Friday, May 3, 2013

Time: Lining up around 6pm…we’ll be picking Tara up around 6:30pm Where: Start lining up at Brandy Station & Stringfellow Rd. (they won’t be able to see us from their house)

Who: ANYONE! Everyone! Bring your kids, bring your pets, bring whomever wants to make a little girl smile. And bonus points to anyone who makes signs & decorates them with “Princess Tara” and princess type stuff.

If anyone would like more details or to help please feel free to contact me at:donations@stillbrave.org

Also check out our site to get more details about what we are doing: www.stillbrave.org

Thank you all....I've read so many stories about Reddit users coming out to help people like this and I hope I'm proved right about how awesome you guys are :)

Kel

edit: Street name has been corrected from Brand to Brandy. Sorry!

UPDATE 5-1-13 Okay I've talked with Tom (Stillbrave's director) and have a little more info. Tara's mom will be bringing her home at 5:30pm. So to avoid the possibility of them seeing a large crowd out there we are asking that everyone meet up at the Brandy Station & Stringfellow intersection closest to Rt. 50. We want to keep people off of Stringfellow any closer to their until we hear that they've made it home. At that point us Stillbrave members & volunteers will get you all in position. So we can go from from that intersection back towards Rt. 50 and we should be fine. We can also have people line up on Brandy Station on the far side. Don't worry...we will be in Stillbrave TShirts so you all will recognize us. If you're not sure where to go just find one of us and we'll direct you to the right area.

We do not know what route the carriage will take yet...it'll depend on the crowd.

**UPDATE 4-26-13: Parking...I've spoken with a resident who lives in that area and there is ample street parking for normal use. This event might go beyond the normal use spectrum. So here are the options: There is a pool on Stringfellow for the community that has a parking lot. I'd use that if you have really small kids, the elderly or any handicapped participants. For all others the best bet would probably be to park in Greenbriar Shopping Center on Rt. 50. It's about a 1 mile walk from there to Brandy Station & Stringfellow. A fairly easy walk for most of us.

Both corners of Brandy Station & Stringfellow will be the staging areas. Stillbrave members & volunteers will be on hand to get you in position.

Lastly (for today at least) are there any videographers out there willing to donate their time to come out and record this for Tara? We'd like to be able to give her a DVD of it that she can watch anytime she's feeling down & needs a pick me up. Please contact me at:donations@stillbrave.org if you are interested in donating your time for this. Thank you!!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
shadowkisses
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN