Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I want to start a blog!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello! So I feel this need to start a blog...i dont know why but i have some good ideas....anyone know how to go about doing this???

Elizabethwink mini

by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jeweldragons
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Well you can use blogger or wordpress. I use wordpress.  When you make your blog think about a title, synopsis, and what you plan on writing about.  I'll give you my blog info for an example:

Title: Journey to Jannah

Synopsis:

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people. Confucius (BC 551-BC 479) Chinese philosopher. The blog of a Saudi-American polygamous homeschooling world traveling family, her thoughts on being an American Muslim revert, book reviews, and recipes to enjoy.

Link: http://leavesofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Now on Blogger you can have up to 20 stand alone pages.  Not sure about Wordpress.  I like blogger because it is easier to use.  When you make a blog make sure you add the link to your blog in your siggy on cafemom and all your other forum accounts.  You can even make a facebook page for it and a twitter account for it.  Try to update it at least every other day-if not every day.  Promote your blog in "Moms that Blog", "Network Moms", and "Blogging Moms" groups on cafemom.  Blogger has different templates and backgrounds you can use.  Good luck.  Oh and when you make a blog remember to post back here with the link to your blog so people can read and follow. 

risingsun26
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thank you so much! Are you an educator?! I recently got my degree in Early Childhood Multicultural Education and I also though of making a blog pertaining to this area. There are soooo many awesome ideas and helpful advice for those of us who are just starting out!

Lionpaw
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting jeweldragons:

Well you can use blogger or wordpress. I use wordpress.  When you make your blog think about a title, synopsis, and what you plan on writing about.  I'll give you my blog info for an example:

Synopsis:

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people. Confucius (BC 551-BC 479) Chinese philosopher. The blog of a Saudi-American polygamous homeschooling world traveling family and an Early Childhood and English as a Second Language Muslim teacher, her thoughts on being an American Muslim revert, book reviews, and recipes to enjoy.

Now on Blogger you can have up to 20 stand alone pages.  Not sure about Wordpress.  I like blogger because it is easier to use.  When you make a blog make sure you add the link to your blog in your siggy on cafemom and all your other forum accounts.  You can even make a facebook page for it and a twitter account for it.  Try to update it at least every other day-if not every day.  Promote your blog in "Moms that Blog", "Network Moms", and "Blogging Moms" groups on cafemom.  Blogger has different templates and backgrounds you can use.  Good luck.  Oh and when you make a blog remember to post back here with the link to your blog so people can read and follow. 

Thanks!!

I have a blog on live journal but its so hard to keep it updated. I just dont know really how to keep it current as i find myself doing big catch ups every few weeks!

jeweldragons
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting risingsun26:

Thank you so much! Are you an educator?! I recently got my degree in Early Childhood Multicultural Education and I also though of making a blog pertaining to this area. There are soooo many awesome ideas and helpful advice for those of us who are just starting out!

No but I plan on going back to school for either Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education undergrad, then going for my TESOL Certificate in New York, and getting an M.A. English with TESOL Concentration to be a Early Childhood or Elementary Childhood and ESL teacher. ESL=English as a Second Language. Whether I go major in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education depends on where I go to school. I already have 3 semesters under my belt for ECE but they don't count since I made the mistake of going to a fake online school.
jeweldragons
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Quoting Lionpaw:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Synopsis:

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people. Confucius (BC 551-BC 479) Chinese philosopher. The blog of a Saudi-American polygamous homeschooling world traveling family, her thoughts on being an American Muslim revert, book reviews, and recipes to enjoy.

Thanks!!

I have a blog on live journal but its so hard to keep it updated. I just dont know really how to keep it current as i find myself doing big catch ups every few weeks!

You're welcome. I used to have a livejournal but only went on it for the games. I never got any traffic on there. Say you want to blog about something. Blog it before you forget it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)