Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Afraid to open my front door

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
Two mornings ago when DH and I were leaving the house - we opened the front door and a 5" diameter, hairy black spider started to scurry in on the floor. Thankfully- we were able to squish it and that was over.
Now I'm afraid to own my own front door -- especially first thing in the morning (and I'm the first person to leave most days). Yesterday and again this morning I open the door and jump backwards...then run through the entry-way.
I HATE spiders and am totally freaked by this!!

Thanks for listening- I had to get that out.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Hell.......... NO!
SJG1013
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I know how you feel sorta, if its hot out lizards like to stay in our screen doors. If I open it they run in, I can't deal with that. Sometimes if we get a package I go out the side door and all the way around just to grab it. Yuck
Bird16_J
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Yikes! I think I would have bug spray and a baseball bat handy! LMAO! That is way too scary for me! lol

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM

big spider...yuck

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

lol I would have ran and jumped too!! lol

Ktina11
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I opened my front door one morning to have a wasp fall on my hand and sting me. I should have bought a lottery ticket because it seemed improbable to have a wasp fall right on my hand. Freaked me out for quite a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I used to be more freaked out about spiders then I am now. Partially because we moved to the middle of nowhere and the bugs here are.... Lets say jungle sized. Lol. Go down in the pump house and the spiders looks like tarantulas! I just always have something in my hand to get them with. But I'm always expecting them now, so I think that helps. Maybe you can keep a fly seater or newspaper when you open the door?
TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Quoting Saharra:

I used to be more freaked out about spiders then I am now. Partially because we moved to the middle of nowhere and the bugs here are.... Lets say jungle sized. Lol. Go down in the pump house and the spiders looks like tarantulas! I just always have something in my hand to get them with. But I'm always expecting them now, so I think that helps. Maybe you can keep a fly seater or newspaper when you open the door?

A fly swatter or newspaper will do NOTHING for the bugs here.  Honestly, the spider COULD have been a tarantula - we squashed it quickly without bothering to ask it was species it was.  Lol

The bugs here all also jungle sized.  A few weeks ago we had a 9" long millipede walking down the hall.  The Mosquitos are the size of a fist.  And we have camel spiders around too (look them up...it's fun).....and many, many more.  I LOVE living here - but the bugs I could do without,

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM

lol im the same way with bees. if i see one flying in front of my door. well, we'ren ot leaving the house. 

armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM
We have alligators that like to visit our yard
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)