Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Two mornings ago when DH and I were leaving the house - we opened the front door and a 5" diameter, hairy black spider started to scurry in on the floor. Thankfully- we were able to squish it and that was over.
Now I'm afraid to own my own front door -- especially first thing in the morning (and I'm the first person to leave most days). Yesterday and again this morning I open the door and jump backwards...then run through the entry-way.
I HATE spiders and am totally freaked by this!!

Thanks for listening- I had to get that out.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 2, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Quoting armyvet06:

We have alligators that like to visit our yard

For that....I would stay inside! :-)

Aside from the bugs, we have to worry about wild bore around here.....they generally weigh about 200lbs and are NOT friendly.  We have been told if you ever encounter one - climb....up stairs, trees, walls, etc.  some of my daughter's friends were "treed" by a bore down by the lake....was two hours before it lost interest and left allowing them to get away.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:56 AM
When I was back home in Arizona ( im in Florida now) we had javelinas and cougars that liked to come down from the mountains and hang out in peoples yards. One guy even had a,bobcat.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting armyvet06:

For that....I would stay inside! :-)

Aside from the bugs, we have to worry about wild bore around here.....they generally weigh about 200lbs and are NOT friendly.  We have been told if you ever encounter one - climb....up stairs, trees, walls, etc.  some of my daughter's friends were "treed" by a bore down by the lake....was two hours before it lost interest and left allowing them to get away.

rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM
And we have a possum that likes to visit our cats......I personally would rather the spider.

Quoting armyvet06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate spiders too, even though I know they don't deserve it......they're just so creepy and scary looking!

armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM
We had those too. I would also prefer the spiders over those animals.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

And we have a possum that likes to visit our cats......I personally would rather the spider.

Quoting armyvet06:

rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Awww we had one of these spiders on our blinds, then there was a war between a fly and the spider. I called my girls over and we watched the spider and when he caught the fly I moved the blinds so the spider could freely eat his food. We also have Gecko's that like come in at night, my girls like to hold them before we set them free...........the only spiders I hate are black/brown widows and wolf spiders, also scorpions.

Quoting jhslove:

I hate spiders too, even though I know they don't deserve it......they're just so creepy and scary looking!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I love the geckos.  They are welcome here any time.  We usually catch them and put them outside though for their own safety....we have cats.  We have lizards everywhere too - but they stay outside and don't seem to try coming in.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Awww we had one of these spiders on our blinds, then there was a war between a fly and the spider. I called my girls over and we watched the spider and when he caught the fly I moved the blinds so the spider could freely eat his food. We also have Gecko's that like come in at night, my girls like to hold them before we set them free...........the only spiders I hate are black/brown widows and wolf spiders, also scorpions.

Quoting jhslove:

trainlady
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Put out prickly rope around your door and entry way. for lizards and snakes. Put wide tape stickly side up across the door sill and up about 6" on each side of the door frame and put some on the door itself. For those of you that have carpenter ants, the big black ones, go to the store and get plain old corn meal in a bag and spread it all around your house. They will eat it and take it back to their nest and blow up. Carpenter ants eat your house just like termites. And the corn meal will not hurt animals so your pets are safe. Make sure you sprinkle it when there is no rain coming to wash it away.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Omg!!! I HATE spiders.

Got home from work (couple of months ago) and I must have let the ugly fucker in. A BIG,brown ugly spider. Since it was 12:00 p.m. I was trying to quietly yell at my ding-dong cat who figured it was in his best intrest to try and eat the ugly thing.My oldest had been watching tv/playing his game (hubby said all boys asleep....yeah right!) and comes out to see why I'm yelling at the cat. Sees this HUGE spider and throws his shoe at it!! Immediately about 150/200 baby spiders the size of needle heads come swarming off of mommy spider ALL OVER my living room floor!! Eeeeekkkkk......I made my hubby get me some fogger. But,now everytime I remember seeing those tiny spiders just go EVERYWHERE my skin crawls!!

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

You made a post about that, right?  I remember the story.  Thanks for adding to my nightmares....again!  :-P

Seriously though....I am still creeped out.  And DH found ANOTHER huge millipede under our bed this morning....yes, I said "another"!!!!  This one was only 7 inches long -- the last one was 9+ inches.  Seriously....why do the bugs here feel the need to be supersised!?

Quoting brandyblx:

Omg!!! I HATE spiders.

Got home from work (couple of months ago) and I must have let the ugly fucker in. A BIG,brown ugly spider. Since it was 12:00 p.m. I was trying to quietly yell at my ding-dong cat who figured it was in his best intrest to try and eat the ugly thing.My oldest had been watching tv/playing his game (hubby said all boys asleep....yeah right!) and comes out to see why I'm yelling at the cat. Sees this HUGE spider and throws his shoe at it!! Immediately about 150/200 baby spiders the size of needle heads come swarming off of mommy spider ALL OVER my living room floor!! Eeeeekkkkk......I made my hubby get me some fogger. But,now everytime I remember seeing those tiny spiders just go EVERYWHERE my skin crawls!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)