Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you take her to the Dr?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
The past 3 or 4 days my 6 year old daughter has been saying her butt hurts when she sits down on hard surfaces (wood floor,kitchen chairs) and I assumed it was from her riding her bike so much lately and having such a boney butt.. Well today we got in a water fight once she got home from school, so she still had her jeans on and when it was time to go in and change she couldnt get them off. While I was helping her I saw the blackest ugliest bruise, like black, no purple or blue, in the shape of a triangle, perfect straight lines and all, on her inner thigh area right where her butt meets her girly parts.. Its maybe golf ball size but it looks NASTY! She says she doesnt know how she got it and doesnt remember hitting her butt on anything any of the times she has fallen off her bike, which worries me because a bruise that perfectly shaped and that black would take some force and some pain to make.. Should I take her to her Dr in the morning? She bruises and bleeds easily and has had a few blood tests that all came back normal but this isnt a normal looking bruise....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlin1983
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Sounds like a bruise from riding her bike?
allonapaisley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I would take her just to be safe. Even if its nothing, at least you'll have peace of mind because you know shes ok.

SissyAnn141
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:55 AM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I would have her looked at just in case due to her easily bruising and that type of thing.  She could have ridden over a good bump on the road while on bicycle and accidently added more pressure on that area.   Poor girl must be aching with that type of bruise.

debbie26
by Debbie on May. 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I would..

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I agree, get it checked. maybe get a different seat for her bike or softer pants to ride with? Please let us know what you find out.

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
id take her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
This. I don't know. Taking her to the doctor to show her private areas could be awfully difficult and maybe traumatizing.

Maybe she needs a new seat with more padding. I have one with no horn so it's different (especially at first) but it doesn't hurt as bad. Maybe tighten the seat too. If for whatever reason it was at a weird angle she could have come down on it wrong or ran into something and hit it wrong.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Sounds like a bruise from riding her bike?

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sounds like the outline of the bicycle seat, if it's triangle shaped. I would take her to get checked out....and get a new gel cushioned seat.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I'd call and see if they want to see her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)