Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Road trip???

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
If you could take a road trip from coast to coast, what would you see along the way?

Dh & I want to do a road trip east coast to west coast in a few years. Our girls will be 10 & 5. We want to see the Grand Canyon, the giant sequoia trees, Route 66 & more.... But we're not sure what... We just started to plan this trip ( like an hour ago) so I'm curious, what would you visit??
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.stella.
by Stella on May. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

So many things!!! It would be so fun :)

Lauren79
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Trees of Mystery park on coast of CA/OR border! It's amazing, I've been a few times and I always see something new that I didn't see before. Grand Canyon for sure, Hoover Dam, Alamagordo (not sure on spelling) Space Center in Alamagordo, New Mexico again since I haven't been since I was about 11.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'm an East coast girl, so definitely have a list of things in the west that I want to see.

Arches National Park in Utah

White Sands in NM

Sedona, AZ

Joshua Tree, CA

Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

That would be something I would LOVE to do,there would be so many things to stop and see,I remember one year my family went on a road trip from Chicago to Michigan we saw so many neat sights along the way.

RADmomma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I'm a New England girl. Never been to the west coast.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I'm an East coast girl, so definitely have a list of things in the west that I want to see.

Arches National Park in Utah

White Sands in NM

Sedona, AZ

Joshua Tree, CA

jeweldragons
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Mount Rushmore

Wouldn't mind driving along Route 66.  Thought how cool it would be to travel by horse and covered wagon across the Oregon Trail (or what's left of it anyway if it even still exists). 

Alcatraz I want to see for sure

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on May. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Where are  you starting and where are you ending - northern or southern part of each coast?

nebcutie
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We live in the middle and have went both ways, There is so much to see and we still go a different way every year to see new things. Utah is a must I will say cause it is so pretty!

RADmomma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Well start in Maine, not sure where we'll end up yet. California I would assume.

I know hubby would absolutely die if we could time it to see the king if the hammers off road race but I'm not sure when that is or exactly where... I want to say Oregon but I'm not sure.

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Where are  you starting and where are you ending - northern or southern part of each coast?

RADmomma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Mount Rushmore would be cool!

Quoting jeweldragons:

Mount Rushmore

Wouldn't mind driving along Route 66.  Thought how cool it would be to travel by horse and covered wagon across the Oregon Trail (or what's left of it anyway if it even still exists). 

Alcatraz I want to see for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)