Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Laminate Flooring Cleaning

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi my one year old is not quite walking yet and we have laminate wood flooring in our home. Just wanted to know what is best to clean this type of flooring without harming my son? Swiffer and Bona state to keep away from children.....so does this mean ya keep away due to it being a harmful cleaning product, or just simply do not use even if my child is crawling on the floor?

thanks

by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly, i never avoided certain floor cleaners  bc of that.. i have wood floors so i just swifter jet them or use wood floor cleanr i  just dotn let them on it when its still wet.. but he doesnt lick the floor so i dont worry really idk maybe someone will have beter  advice..

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I think they'd be harmful if he drank them.  I'm sure they're fine to use on the floor.

RADmomma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I use vinegar diluted with water & orange peel...
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Vinegar and water is safe as far as I know. The vinegar smell doesn't stay.  I've used commercial products, too.

becky.riley
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I just use vinegar and water. It is not only non-toxic, but it won't leave a film on the floors like swiffer does.

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on May. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I use a shark steam mop. I love it, it works great, no chemicals and dries quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

can I use that on hardwood floors? does it  remove a finish or anything? ive  heard great things about it but most of my floors are wood only the bathrooms & kitchen isn't then 2 room are carpet so  obviously not lol

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

I use a shark steam mop. I love it, it works great, no chemicals and dries quickly.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I would use vinegar diluted with water ;)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I thought swiffer was ok. Hasn't affected my kids or pets any.
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I bought the Rubbermaid thing that is like a swiffer wetjet but reusable. I put orange peel in vinegar for about 2 weeks and use that diluted with water. There are marks on the bottle to tell you how much cleaning fluid and how much water to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)