Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would u shave ur head for a loved one??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends 13 yr old daughter has cancer she has been through chemo and her hair fell out :( my friend has never cut her own hair a day in her life and on fb today she posted a pic she shaved her head.. I started to cry it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen..

At work I was telling a coworkers a few said they would never.. if it were my daughter I would no second thoughts so my question is would u shave ur own head in support of ur child or another loved one???
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
hunimari
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Yes I would!!!!
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Of course. I did for my mom and then she did for me.
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yes. My aunt recently lost all her hair due to Chemo. I would have but she said hell no. She loves my hair has since I was a litttle girl. If I knew she would not have been amd I would have done it. But since it was for her if she said no you kind of have to listen lol. How is her DD BTW?

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Singlemama52
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
This. Especially for my own child. Whatever he wanted, what he needed me to do, I would do. No doubt in my mind, he's my life.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

In a heartbeat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:55 PM

No, I wouldn't.  My shaved head isn't going to help my sick child/family member recover any faster.  I would take my child hat/scarf shopping though and - if they wanted - get a few matching head coverings to wear.

carinsmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

yup I sure would. I donate my hair to locks of love every year or so.

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Absolutely.

MixedCooke
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I consider myself a walking organ donor for my children and would even give them my heart if they needed it.  I grew my hair my entire pregnancy and up until my kids reached a year old and then cut it and donated it to the Locks of Love, which is a charitable organization that makes real hair wigs for children going through  chemo and also kids with allopecia.  I am currently growing it out again to donate as well.

JessM311
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Yes without a.second thought. I just lost triplets and my head is currently shaved for grief.
SissyAnn141
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:02 AM

YES, I WOULD ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)