Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would u shave ur head for a loved one??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends 13 yr old daughter has cancer she has been through chemo and her hair fell out :( my friend has never cut her own hair a day in her life and on fb today she posted a pic she shaved her head.. I started to cry it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen..

At work I was telling a coworkers a few said they would never.. if it were my daughter I would no second thoughts so my question is would u shave ur own head in support of ur child or another loved one???
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsCarnes88
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM
She is handling it amazingly, when she was about 2 her mom noticed a discoloured lump above her ear right on her hair line and it continued to grow over the yrs she has asked the Dr taken her to dermatologist and they all kept telling her it was a birth mark and would not listen when she said her dd was not born with it or that it grows.. finally after hearing so many time it was ok and them never doing a biopsy she left it alone..
When she was 7 she was diagnosed adhd and bipolar and has taken countless meds and went to special schools..
Then 2 yrs ago she got a new peds Dr and she was concerned and sent her for scans and ordered a biopsy turns out it was a tumor and one also in her brain.. she was never bipolar or adhd she had cancer they removed as much as they could from her brain and the one on her head and going through chemo for the rest :( since the removal she hasn't had any episodes and has been a normal 13yr old with normal behavior

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Yes. My aunt recently lost all her hair due to Chemo. I would have but she said hell no. She loves my hair has since I was a litttle girl. If I knew she would not have been amd I would have done it. But since it was for her if she said no you kind of have to listen lol. How is her DD BTW?

easinpc
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Same here

Quoting Kris_PBG:

In a heartbeat.

MommyBee12808
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM
No, My husband would divorce me if I did, he likes my long hair.
Jessica020410
by Jessica on May. 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I would for my daughter.
IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I saw an article just like this recently and for my daughter i would do the same!

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM

oh wow...

Quoting MommyBee12808:

No, My husband would divorce me if I did, he likes my long hair.

Donnah118
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM

In a heartbeat especially for my child.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on May. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

No I would not, I would remove my weave peices, but I would not shave my head.

aimlee
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I wouldnt even think twice. I almost did it for my sister when she had 3 brain surgeries and had to have her head shaved. She told me it would upset her more if I did because seeing my long hair made her look forward to having hair again.

delilahsmom1177
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Wow. I can not imagine. I am so glad she is doing well.

Quoting MrsCarnes88:

She is handling it amazingly, when she was about 2 her mom noticed a discoloured lump above her ear right on her hair line and it continued to grow over the yrs she has asked the Dr taken her to dermatologist and they all kept telling her it was a birth mark and would not listen when she said her dd was not born with it or that it grows.. finally after hearing so many time it was ok and them never doing a biopsy she left it alone..
When she was 7 she was diagnosed adhd and bipolar and has taken countless meds and went to special schools..
Then 2 yrs ago she got a new peds Dr and she was concerned and sent her for scans and ordered a biopsy turns out it was a tumor and one also in her brain.. she was never bipolar or adhd she had cancer they removed as much as they could from her brain and the one on her head and going through chemo for the rest :( since the removal she hasn't had any episodes and has been a normal 13yr old with normal behavior

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Yes. My aunt recently lost all her hair due to Chemo. I would have but she said hell no. She loves my hair has since I was a litttle girl. If I knew she would not have been amd I would have done it. But since it was for her if she said no you kind of have to listen lol. How is her DD BTW?

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)