Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would u shave ur head for a loved one??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends 13 yr old daughter has cancer she has been through chemo and her hair fell out :( my friend has never cut her own hair a day in her life and on fb today she posted a pic she shaved her head.. I started to cry it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen..

At work I was telling a coworkers a few said they would never.. if it were my daughter I would no second thoughts so my question is would u shave ur own head in support of ur child or another loved one???
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Arwyn724
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I did.  When my cousin's wife got sick and lost her hair at the age of 25,  I live near the beach. When they visited we took our kids swimming and after overhearing some very rude comments about her "punk look" not being very attractive, I went straight to the closest salon and shaved my head, too.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Absolutely
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Yes. I wanted to when my mom had cancer, but it would not have been allowed at my work. I work in a public service job.
Rosesandlilys
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM

My daughter yes, if I had one.

ImNotKarl
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I sure would. You better believe if one of my babies gets cancer and loses their hair, momma is going bald, too. I love my hair, but I want my kids to know I love them more, and that they are beautiful no matter what.

My sister's mom died of breast cancer when my sister was 4 or 5. My sister shaved her head one year in high school to commemorate her mother. She did it once, on the aniversary of her mother's death. She told people you don't need hair to be beautiful, and that she was proud of her mother.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
No. I don't need to shave my head to show them support. I can do other things to show support.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I would in a heartbeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mharleyghal
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Of course. I just shaved my head yesterday!
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I wouldn't, but because my husband loves for my hair to be long. I wore it short to medium length for years and finally let it grow out long because he really wanted it (and he asked nicely, LOL). Shaving it would seriously bug him. My son prefers it long too.

It is a sweet gesture, but would have to go with what works for our family.

naominpipermom
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Absolutely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)