Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would u shave ur head for a loved one??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends 13 yr old daughter has cancer she has been through chemo and her hair fell out :( my friend has never cut her own hair a day in her life and on fb today she posted a pic she shaved her head.. I started to cry it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen..

At work I was telling a coworkers a few said they would never.. if it were my daughter I would no second thoughts so my question is would u shave ur own head in support of ur child or another loved one???
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
britadams10
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM

thats so sweet! i also saw that in the movie my sisters keeper.. the young girl was crying that she was ugly so her mom went and shaved her head.. i wouldnt hesitate for a second! 

jeweldragons
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM
No but I wouldn't mind donating some of my hair to the group that makes wigs for kids with cancer.
ColieO
by I Rock on May. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Honestly.... No.

I guess I'd have to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM

In a nanosecond. I would also donate my hair (it's getting long again). My family member/friend would have first dibs on it though. We'd match when my hair grew back :)

proudmom5584
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Yes I would

leew8372
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Yes, I so would do that to support my friends or family. It's hard for someone who has cancer to lose their hair and having someone to support them like that is amazing. I want to hug your friend for doing this.

Jenniy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Yep and I'd see if they'd make a wig for her out of my hair they cut off.
demonica29
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Hell, I've shaved mine just for fun. Most recently in my mid 30s. Perhaps now at 48 I might not be quite so quick to the clippers, but I would certainly do it to support someone I care about. 

shadowkisses
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Yes well I would if they were bothered by the hair being gone if it were my husband or my son it may not bother them... But for my daughter I wouldn't think twice!!!
MrsCarnes88
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I'm so happy to see others who would the few at my job who said no disgusted me..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)