Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Adult acting as a child

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have a question and this is not a joke. My MIL throws fits and acts like a child, my 5 year old is more mature. My MIL is 65 years old, that's still young and if she does not get what she wants she throws a tantrums and this is even at work. She has said things under her breath, she has worn clothes for 3 days in a row, she decided she did not want to share the microwave with one person at work so she bought her own and keeps it in her office. She use to have little knick knacks but she took them home cause it ppl were not worthy to look at them. If she's mad about work she will brood and be mean for a week and has broken promises to her granddaughter.

On top if this she's like borderline hoarder. She will eat moldy food tearing off the mold part. The lost goes on.

Has anyone had to deal with this? I think she's got some psychological issues and my thought is she needs to seek help. I told DH she prob won't seek help then he will have to force her. Just wondering if anyone has been here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM

No,sorry I have not.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Sorry to hear this,
Have nerver had to deal with anything like this
I agree with you she needs some help.
I hope your DH can talk her into getting some.
Good luck & let us know :)

melodynewsome
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
We have a feeling she will refuse to go to for help and he will need to go to court, of course we hope it does not come to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting melodynewsome:

We have a feeling she will refuse to go to for help and he will need to go to court, of course we hope it does not come to that.

My mother, did strange things, later in her life.

They said "It was from all of her chemo ? "

Has she had a physical Lately ?

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

melodynewsome
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:37 PM
She goes to her check ups but dr checks blood as she diabetic and she's ok w him. We have thought about calling her dr but w HIPPA it makes it hard unless DH has cost order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM

she's mentally ill. she can only be forced to get help if she is a valid threat to herself or someone else's welfare. He can't "make her" get help.

SissyAnn141
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Quoting melodynewsome:

She goes to her check ups but dr checks blood as she diabetic and she's ok w him. We have thought about calling her dr but w HIPPA it makes it hard unless DH has cost order.

IF THIS WAS MY MOM :

I would call the Doctors office, and tell the nurse  "What is happening".

And please do not tell your mother you called, put  a note in his file.

Make her a appointment.

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

melodynewsome
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Well she has been a threat to herself we feel before. She gets sick and it was to much work to get a lunch able out if the fridge - does that count? I feel like if we do this Wong she will make herself sick just to do it.

Quoting romanceparty4u:

she's mentally ill. she can only be forced to get help if she is a valid threat to herself or someone else's welfare. He can't "make her" get help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melodynewsome
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Good idea

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting melodynewsome:

IF THIS WAS MY MOM :

I would call the Doctors office, and tell the nurse  "What is happening".

And please do not tell your mother you called, put  a note in his file.

Make her a appointment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Big_Momma_X02:

No,sorry I have not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)