Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ummm,can you make him let go?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Bryce is 9.He is shy around strangers,which makes this story even stranger!! We were out grocery shopping and before I realize what he's doing he runs about ten feet from me....Ands grabs this older mans leg,yelling "Poppa!Did you come to see us poppa?!" Bryce made a mistake-I had never seen this man before.I will admit that the look on the older man's face was sort of funny and Bryce released him as soon as he realized that this man he was hugging on wasn't poppa.

The man gives me a big grin. "He really loves his poppa,huh?" He proceeds to rub Bryce's head and then he handed him a $20.00 (all the while sort of whispering at me-"Let him keep it.I don't get to see my grandbabies so,I'll buy this little boy a toy,ok?") After he said that he just wandered off. big smile mini I've never really had something good happen to me at Walmart before....decided to share. How about you?Have any good Walmart stories?Not everything has to be bad,right?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Awwwww! :)
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Aww that's sweet.  Around Christmas Ds (who's name is Bryson btw) and I were at Wal Mart and I was taking him down the seasonal aisle to pick out a treat.  He was was wanting one of the bigger candy filled candy canes, but I was only letting him get the smaller one.  An older woman came up to him and told him how cute and sweet he was being and then handed him $10.  I tried to give it back, but she just told me that it was a gift and walked away.  I still don't know if she really gave it to him because she thought he was cute or because she thought I was cheap! lol

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
That's cute.

No stories here. I never shop at Walmart.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Awe i hope he here's to see his grandbabies.
That was sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Aw that is sweet,no our walmart is clean and decent the only thing I have seen is someone try to steal and of course the police got him right as he stepped out the door,I never see anything like on people of walmart.I sure do hope he gets to see his grandchildren soon.

Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

Imjustinsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM

thats  truly touching & aslo sad i wonder why this  amazing man hasnt  been able to see his kids. but who knows eh?

i dont go to walmart.. but years ago   i had car issues &  had just  cashed a paycheck.. so I had a bunch of cash on me..  i had to use a cab &  on the way this younger guy maybe 18? or so  i was 30  maybe  gets in the cab & 1/2 way there they tell him its 2x more than he was told  & he was shocked & didnt have the rest of the  $... he said i have to be at work please can you take me there ill borrow  some. but they said no & was going to let him out  in the middle of nowhere!!!! he didnt argue   just was like ok fine.. head down.. i felt so bad i said NO WAIT! i gave him  a 20 & siad here,  stay.. he  refused  but i said  you have to take it   and promise me something in return.. he said.. ok &  he took it.. i said promise me one day you will do the same thing for a stranger.. a random act of kindness..  anything.. just offer anyone help,   pay the car behind you on a toll bridge.. where ever.. just   promise you will not forget i did this for you & how shocked you were & return the favor  for me that ill know you will  do this for another? he smiled so big & said wow ive never had anyone  do this for me & never thought to.. i will  definatly do it.. . i hope he  did but it felt great & the look on his face was worht it

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I thought it was sort of sad also.I know a lot of adults don't really seem to have the time for their parents anymore....I hope my boys won't do that.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

thats  truly touching & aslo sad i wonder why this  amazing man hasnt  been able to see his kids. but who knows eh?

i dont go to walmart.. but years ago   i had car issues &  had just  cashed a paycheck.. so I had a bunch of cash on me..  i had to use a cab &  on the way this younger guy maybe 18? or so  i was 30  maybe  gets in the cab & 1/2 way there they tell him its 2x more than he was told  & he was shocked & didnt have the rest of the  $... he said i have to be at work please can you take me there ill borrow  some. but they said no & was going to let him out  in the middle of nowhere!!!! he didnt argue   just was like ok fine.. head down.. i felt so bad i said NO WAIT! i gave him  a 20 & siad here,  stay.. he  refused  but i said  you have to take it   and promise me something in return.. he said.. ok &  he took it.. i said promise me one day you will do the same thing for a stranger.. a random act of kindness..  anything.. just offer anyone help,   pay the car behind you on a toll bridge.. where ever.. just   promise you will not forget i did this for you & how shocked you were & return the favor  for me that ill know you will  do this for another? he smiled so big & said wow ive never had anyone  do this for me & never thought to.. i will  definatly do it.. . i hope he  did but it felt great & the look on his face was worht it

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

awww   we have had random children run up to us at various stores thinking we were someone else.  It is always nice to pay it forward with random acts of kindness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)