Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Here

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter is sick and I came across this website so I thought I'd sign up and see what it was all about.

I'm Lil, I'm a married, 40-something mom of Charlee 16, 13 year old Emi and Isabel and Maddie, 11. We live in Southern California.

My first born daughter, Camryn, passed away in 2009 after battling cancer but would be 20 years old.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm sorry your daughter is sick :( That's no fun.

Welcome to CafeMom. I'm sorry to hear about your oldest daughter. I just lost my mom to cancer. It's such a horrible disease. I can only imagine the pain of losing a child.

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Hello & Welcome! I'm Alice mom to two young men ages 20 & 16.
I'm sorry for your loss
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So sorry on the loss of your daughter,
Hoping your daughter that is sick feels better soon.
Where in SO> CA. Are you?

chattime01
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Glad you stopped by Cafe mom.  I'm new here too from Chicago.  Sorry to hear of your loss.  I also had a daughter that passed away in 2009 from Schleroderma, she was 21.  She was my only daughter. It is good to see you have other children.  I now have a granddaughter that is 21 months old and she is truly God's blessing.. happy mothers day2

lilia5
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Thank you for the welcome messages and thank you for messages about my eldest daughter. This year will be very hard as her anniversary is on May 12 which happens to be Mother's Day. Although I am blessed to have four beautiful daughters to spend the day with, it will be particularly difficult this year.

My daughter is feeling a little better, thanks everyone. She was running a fever and seems to be more upset about not being at school more than anything.

Hugss, we are in Malibu, Los Angeles county.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Welcome to CafeMom, Lil! I am terribly sorry about Camryn. It will be a rough Mother's Day for you. Extra hugs to the rest of your family.

I hope your daughter is feeling better now.

jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Hi and welcome to Cafemom! I'm very sorry to hear about your oldest daughter. My mom is currently battling cancer. Do you have a child on the autism spectrum? I have a son diagnosed with ASD.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Welcome to CafeMom! I am so sorry for the loss of your child.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

everydaymom08
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Hi. Welcome to the site. Sorry bout ur loss.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)