Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I live in a haunted house

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 15 Replies

How many of you believe in haunted houses?  My house is definitely haunted and it is getting worse.  It used to be just that feeling that you are never alone and shadows from the corners but recently the shadows have been moving across our front windows and windows shake like someone is banging on them.  I actually thought my son was trying to open his window but he thought it was me.  It does not only happen at night but now during the day also.  Very strange and kind of creepy!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Windy1890
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Circle the house with salt. Go to your nears church and grab some holy water mark all doors and window with sign of the cross with your finger (the door casings and window casings). Burn some smudge. This is very important!! God gave YOU free will. Nothing can control you or your environment with out YOUR permission. You have to believe that to the point where it's fact. Go around the house say a little pray asking the holy sprit/mother of god..... Really what you believe in to come bless your house and protect all living people who dwell in it and banish all negitive energies from your house and to bring home all lost souls who might have stayed behind. :)
My back round is gypsies this is what I was taught, the biggest key factor in this is having faith in yourself. That your are worthy of divine love. If it is a "ghost" (dead person who decided not to leave for what ever reason) they tend to go quiet and respect your space. Sometimes they leave. If its anything else it will leave.
lilyismyheart
by New Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Ever since we moved to this house, the buttons on my remotes push by themselves. Its Weird. Watching Netflix, pause. Channel changes, etc.
marinequeen
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

What about burning sage

Windy1890
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Yes, I've lived in a hunted house once and this what we did. It was a ghost. It did respect our space. It never really left, but it stopped being loud and annoying. I also suggest you look for other reasons for the noises. Sometimes we just get carried away. Having not experanced your house myself, I'm just going to believe what you saying is true. I'm not psychic, just sensitive to my environment.
Windy1890
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
It sage and smudge are the same thing just a different name.
Donnah118
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

If your house is truly haunted the dead can never hurt you.

Windy1890
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Oh and if what ever it is throws a tantrum while your doing this stuff. Just ignore it like you would a two year old. It's just testing you like a two year old would. You know maybe if I'm loud enough I'll get my way. It will shut up when your done marking out your space.
SP_Mama
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I grew up in a "haunted house", so I believe.  We would always hear weird noises, lights would be on that we knew had been on.  One morning when I was about 9, I was laying in my parent's bedroom watching TV and I heard footsteps coming from the living room down the hallway and stopped right before getting to the doorway of my parent's room.  The only other person home was my sister who was sleeping in her room at the other end of the hallway. I stupidly got out of the bed and tiptoed to the door and peeked quickly around the corner.  Nothing was there.

A few months later, we were having a family gathering at our house and I discovered that my great-grandfather (who'd built the house) had died in the house and that back then, what was now our living room, had been a bedroom and that's where my great-grandpa died.

We moved out of that house right after I graduated high school.  A couple of years later, I started working at the school I'd graduated from and one of my co-workers ended up being one of the owners of that house.  I'd never told her anything about it but she told me that there was something in the house.  Lights would turn on and off and their dog would sometimes just stop and start barking at nothing with his hair standing on end.

Windy1890
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
And yes the dead will never hurt you, but that doesn't mean they can't be annoying.
NYGiantsFan
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

You should check out a show called "The Dead Files" on the Travel Channel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN