Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Insurance company dropping us!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
We changed insurance companies in march for home owners insurance. The company sent us all the info like normal and we signed all the papers. We paid for a year up front like we always do. Now we got a cancellation notice. The reason for cancellation is 2 claims from 2011. They knew about these claims and were even wrote out in a previous claims portion of the policy. The cancellation is for the end of June but according to this notice. Our policy was not set to renew till next march. Is this even legal?
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they can drop you but they have to refund your money
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on May. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Are they gonna refund your money? I would think they would have denied you up front if the claims were an issue. Our home owners insurance is the same as our car insurance and we have never had issues with them even though I had accidents and tickets. I would call and find out exactly why they are dropping you NOW after you already paid.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
They said the underwriter is just now reviewing it

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Are they gonna refund your money? I would think they would have denied you up front if the claims were an issue. Our home owners insurance is the same as our car insurance and we have never had issues with them even though I had accidents and tickets. I would call and find out exactly why they are dropping you NOW after you already paid.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Refund all of it or just the 9 months of used

Quoting cLanief:

Yes they can drop you but they have to refund your money

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on May. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

That's ridiculous, what company is it? I would definitly write a complaint.

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Nationwide

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Mommynwife26:

thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM

My parents' lost their homeowner's insurance due to loss of property value (my dad started building an addition in 1981, never bothered to finish it). This was years ago and I'm not sure if they've ever managed (or bothered) to get coverage.

It sucks, but yeah, they can drop you. Not sure about refunding though.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on May. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Guess they really aren't on your side!

Quoting Tipsen:

Nationwide

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I know

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting Tipsen:

Nationwide

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I know

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting Tipsen:

Nationwide

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN