Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Normal HCG levels?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I am 4 weeks 2 days along and I had blood work done yesterday. my HCG levels are 1003 mIU/ml, is this good or bad? I ask because my Doctor actually has not gotten my results yet, but my obgyn practice has a "patient portal" I was able to login online and see my results as soon as they were completed. My Dr. won't call me until Monday, so I'm jsut a little curious. I tried looking it up, but I got a bit confused about what's "normal" for 4 weeks.

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pink-rose
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I would say they are looking good hun!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Sounds like they are looking good ;)

RADmomma
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I think that's good. Most drs won't see you that early so finding info that is accurate will be tough!!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Sounds pretty good to me!  Congratulations! :)

Quoting leew8372:

So I am 4 weeks 2 days along and I had blood work done yesterday. my HCG levels are 1003 mIU/ml, is this good or bad? I ask because my Doctor actually has not gotten my results yet, but my obgyn practice has a "patient portal" I was able to login online and see my results as soon as they were completed. My Dr. won't call me until Monday, so I'm jsut a little curious. I tried looking it up, but I got a bit confused about what's "normal" for 4 weeks.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Not a clue. Congrats!!
jconney80
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I'm totally clueless but congrats!
Mama406
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
That's a great level. You're definately pregnant. Don't worry too much about a "normal" level. It varies pretty drastically. What's more important is that the number doubles every 48-72 hours. Even that is not an exact science, but it should continue to rise. Good luck and congrats!
leew8372
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Thanks everyone :) I feel better. I won't know if the levels have risen until I go back on Monday... but I keep taking pregnancy tests because I'm freaking out. Last night I had a dream I wasn't pregnant woke up crying and went and took another test. I feel like I'm going crazy lol. Again Ladies, thank you for all your help. I cannot wait for Monday to be here!

Quoting Mama406:

That's a great level. You're definately pregnant. Don't worry too much about a "normal" level. It varies pretty drastically. What's more important is that the number doubles every 48-72 hours. Even that is not an exact science, but it should continue to rise. Good luck and congrats!

leew8372
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

My dr.'s nurse told me my doctor would call me directly on Monday. Plus I have another appt for blood work Monday. Also, my dr. is really good about calling me or speaking with me when I have problems. In the past she has always been there whenever I call I just leave her a message and she calls me back in minutes. I've never had a doctor like her she is truly amazing :)

Quoting RADmomma:

I think that's good. Most drs won't see you that early so finding info that is accurate will be tough!!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not have a clue, but just take a deep breath, and try to relax. Monday is almost here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN