Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Weird cramping feeling

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

Starting last night actually, around this same time, I started feeling this very odd sensation under my left butt cheek. It was something I had never experienced before. It isn't really paintful, but more so annoying and very uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep well last night because of it. (Also, am I allowed to take tylenol at 4 weeks?) but any way, tonight I'm at work (3rd shift bleh) and I have this weird cramping uncomfortable feeling in the same exact spot. Is this related to the pregnancy (is that even possible at 4 weeks??) or could it be something else?I will be speaking with my Dr. first thing Monday, but that's two days away and I'm concerned now.

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kels1023
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Hmm. No idea. But update us when you find out, I'm curious.

Hope it goes away soon!
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM

could be siatica (sp) a pinched nerve in your back pretty common during pregnancy  though 4 weeks is pretty early and yes tylenol is one of the few painkillers you can take during pregnancy

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

That was my thought as well, though it is a bit early for it.

Tylenol should be fine, but if the pain gets worse go to the ER.

Quoting ditsyjo:

could be siatica (sp) a pinched nerve in your back pretty common during pregnancy  though 4 weeks is pretty early and yes tylenol is one of the few painkillers you can take during pregnancy

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Has it gone away?

Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM

How are you feeling today? Did the cramping go away or did you call the doctor?

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

leew8372
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

The weird crampy pain in my lower left butt cheek has not come back. It only happened the two days. Now though when I wake up my lower abdomen feels as if I am having period-like cramps. I have not had any bleeding and everyone has told me that it's normal. I'm still going to speak with my dr. about it tomorrow.

leew8372
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Dr. said it might be sciatica, but I've also been having hip, thigh and butt pains and she said it's all completely normal. She said for first time pregnancies and especially women with small frames they seem to feel more pain due to the stretching of ligaments. She told me when I try to sleep to fold a cushiony blanket under my hip that's been bothering me and use a heating pad on a light setting. I have not had the butt pain though since Friday.

Quoting ditsyjo:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM

that's good

Quoting leew8372:

Dr. said it might be sciatica, but I've also been having hip, thigh and butt pains and she said it's all completely normal. She said for first time pregnancies and especially women with small frames they seem to feel more pain due to the stretching of ligaments. She told me when I try to sleep to fold a cushiony blanket under my hip that's been bothering me and use a heating pad on a light setting. I have not had the butt pain though since Friday.

Quoting ditsyjo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN