Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I love my kids but...

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 19 Replies
I am always so stressed out, overwhelemed and angry.

Husband left a bag of osyter crackers on couch, 2yr old dumped the bag on the floor then stomped on them. I put down 1yr old to vaccuum, she screams bloody murder. 2yr old keeps turning vaccuum off when I was trying to vaccuum.

As soon as I start to nurse 1yr old, 2yr old signs 'eat', I tell him to wait, he throws a fit. If I stop nursing her, she has a melt down.

If I go to the bathroom, dd will scream and ds will usually mess with her.

when I nurse dd, ds climbs ontop of us, usually hurting me and dd.

I go to schoop full time but have the summer off. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom but I seriously cant handle it. I dont know how im going to survive all summer without being angry all the time and stressed out. Any tips for the summer, or ideas how to handle 2 under 2 by myself?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Honestly, some of us are not cut out to stay home full time.  There is NOTHING wrong with this.  If you feel like you must not work outside of the home, then get your kids on a schedule.  The toddler is old enough for consequences if there is a meltdown.  This may not be a popular response, but there is NO way that I would be nursing two kids.  Both are old enough for food and manners.  Good luck!

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I dont nurse both, id lose my mind even more. I want to make a schedule but not sure how

Quoting mjande4:

Honestly, some of us are not cut out to stay home full time.  There is NOTHING wrong with this.  If you feel like you must not work outside of the home, then get your kids on a schedule.  The toddler is old enough for consequences if there is a meltdown.  This may not be a popular response, but there is NO way that I would be nursing two kids.  Both are old enough for food and manners.  Good luck!

mjande4
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I apologize, I misunderstood.  You can show your two year old on a clock when he can eat or tie it to a consistent activity or tv show.  For example, he gets up in the morning, get dressed, then eats.  Plays, naps, then eats.  etc.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

I dont nurse both, id lose my mind even more. I want to make a schedule but not sure how

Quoting mjande4:

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Thats a good idea, thanks. He does well with bed time routine so a daytime routine should be better for us too

Quoting mjande4:

I apologize, I misunderstood.  You can show your two year old on a clock when he can eat or tie it to a consistent activity or tv show.  For example, he gets up in the morning, get dressed, then eats.  Plays, naps, then eats.  etc.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting mjande4:

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
The only way I make it through chores is high chairs and swings lol. I put my two year old in his portable high chair and my youngest in his and get my cleaning on. I don't do all my chores at once either... I do a few everyday of the week so it's not overwhelming. I also will clean one side of the house while they eat lunch, then clean them up and send them to the clean side, put a gate up, and clean the dirty side. I feel like I'd be a much better mom if I worked or spent several hours outside the home though... I am always frustrated and irritated.
Seagodess
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes make a schedule or even a list of things to do. I made my son a list of things to do when he woke up. I put pictures on it so he would know what to do and a box next to it so he could check it off when he was done.

I would also suggest getting your 1 year old used to being put down. There is no reason she should be screaming if you are not holding her.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I feel you. Im always stressed out also. My kids makes me want to run away lol.

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

yikes,  i know the feeling.. its murphys law though hun lol it always happens.. ill have to go to the bathroom & JUST as i sit down my ds1 runs in  holding himself dancing saying he has to go NOWWWW  we have 2 bathrooms but he insist on THAT one.. same goes for whatever im eating lol they wnat THAT not whats on their plates. they eat all day  im lucky  when i stop  to get ME food usually i make MORE for me than i  know ill eat & so when they come at me.. i  offer them more lol. the bottom line  is.. they HAVE to learn to wait.. if they fall & hurt themselves of course thats a now thing.. but  they CAN wait to eat or drink  to a degree.. my ds1  who is 4 1/2 screams he is hungry or thirsty alwayssssss as im just int he middle of doing somehting.. i used to get up to get food or a drink  for him only to have him 1/2 eat or drink it & just ask for something else or need to  to do something else for him.. so now i just say give me a minute & i will  fix you lunch i need to finsh this 1st.. if he  doesn;t like it..  too bad im not starving him & he needs to llearn to live in the real world the workd we  live in where mommmys dont jjust skip a  line in a store to get your food NOW before you have to stand on the line ya know? they are the center of  our worlds yes... but they need to know they are not the center of the world itself & like everyone else..  sometimes you must wait..

as far as  vacumming & such.. my ds1 gets nervous with it too he;s a bit sensory... i either tell him  & warn him hey im going to need to vacumm now maybe you wnat to go & play upstairs? or i just do it!!!! it has to be done.

dont stress so much  most of your stressed are the  demands you think you HAVE to meeet   & you truly dont' momma.. just do what you can WHEN you can.. they can wait a bit.. they can cry a bit.. i dont cio or anyting.. but i do let them fuss & wait 10 minutes as i finisih laundry or paying a bill online.. they CAN wait..  dont make it impossible for yourself

Mamamanic
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM

When I was home for a little while ( I know what you mean about it getting overwhelming), it helped to join a playgroup (look on meetup.com) to get us out of the house. Honestly if we stayed home all the time my kids destroyed the house and it never got anywhere. You kinda have to get ready to nurse now and find something to occupy the older one. My dd was just barely 3 and ran around to get my attention. I would also get younger sis down before her and we would have mommy time where we crafted or played a game which got her ready for her quiet time/naptime (she didn't always sleep around 3). 

Mamamanic
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM

And it is okay to walk off to a room take a deep breath and return to a usually a mess they have made. Kept me from flying off the handle. Your 1 yr old is going to have to get used to being on the ground, walker, or swing more. I would just talk to mine through their crying because you have to be able to do certain things. I just made it so they were close and could see them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN