Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old ate asprin

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hi! My three year old got ahold of an asprin that I put on the counter to grab a glass of water. She started to chew it and immediately spit most of it out and I pulled the crumbs of it out of her mouth. I call her dr and they said she would be okay, just still super stressed about it. Any other moments ever have an issue like this? What of she ingested more than what I think... How fast would she have any symptoms and if she did get more. I know it was only one pill. Just a nervous mama
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
She will be fine
RADmomma
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I'm sure shell be fine.
lilblu399
by Tamika on May. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM
She'll be fine. I have had called the poison control number when my kids grabbed some meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM

 i would be freakin too..but..i'm sure she will be fine. 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM

one full pill wouldn't be all that bad I don't think so since you know she spit out most of it...it will be ok

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:42 AM

If i remember right, you want her to drink milk to help neutralize any affects.  I could be wrong.  Poison control or doctor would tell you what if anything needs to be done.  I am sure she will be fine though.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Aspirin is ok for kids as long as they aren't sick. Reyes (spelling?) syndrome happens when they have a fever or chicken pox. The brain swells and the deformity is pretty obvious pretty quick
SWasson
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM

30 years ago, you would have given her baby aspirin as a regular medication. If the doctor says don't worry, it's unlikely she got more than a dosage of baby aspirin would've been for a 3 year old.

emmy526
by Emmy on May. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM

you do know back in the 'old days' kids got aspirin because there was nothing else?  even if she ate the whole thing, nothing would most likely happen, unless she was sick with the flu or chicken pox, because aspirin can bring on Reyes syndrome...and nix the 'what if' thoughts..they are emotional thoughts, and do nothing to help you rationally think about what's going on. 

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
DS ate 6 extra strength Tylenol when he was 2 1/2. He popped the child safety lid, while I was making lunch. I called poison control and they said he would have to eat 12 before they would do anything at the ER.

If your Doctor is it worried than you shouldn't be. Just be sure to keep all meds in a high place where she cannot get to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN