Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Some teenmoms should not be allowed to benefit from the government *vent*

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ok soo before I get bashed let me explain why this is my opinion, I have a cousin(19) years old and she came to spend the weekend with me, well she has a baby with autism, she gets a SSI check every month, plus she gets money and food stamps, she lives with her mom,& she doesn't have to pay rent, by groceries,pay bills etc, her mom and her step dad babysits the baby while she goes to school (she goes to a continuation school) well... Anyways I picked her up from her bf's house Thursday (not the baby's daddy her bf is 16) and she came to my car & started going thru her purse and I see a whole bunch of week,I tell her" you can't bring that to my house and u can't get in my car with that soo I don't know what to tell you,she says" ooh I bought it for him (talking about her bf) & then she said" can you take Vivi (her friend & her friends daughter) home? I'll give u gas money" I said "sure soo we drive all the way across town and I say" uhh where is your baby"& she goes " omg I forgot I left him with jenny (her baby daddy's great great grandma"I say " Wth? Why did u take him there & she says cause she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend, soo when we get the baby I see he doesn't have a haircut,or a bath I ask her has he been bathed,&she say " ooh cause I haven't bought any bath was for him soo I say we're going to target right now soo u can buy some, soo we go into target and I'm shopping for my sisters new born and I meet her at the car when I'm done, I ask her did she get what she needed she says yea,so when we get to my house I say " I'll run him some bath water, because he smelled really bad,& she says " ooh that's ok I didn't get him his body wash I asked why,& she told me because she bought a prepaid phone card for herself,& a new bra,... Later that night I hear her on the phone talking about how she gave her boyfriends mom her food stamps,& how she gave her bf $300 today,& how her and her bf is getting a hotel room tomorrow!
You moms understand my frustration right?! I hope soo this girl made my blood boil.... Her baby daddy is in prison for rape,& she have like6 tattoos with his name,she pays like $70 a tattoo but she can't buy her baby is body wash!! Ugh this was just a vent I had to get it off my chest, her monthly income is about $1000.00 & she blows it all on her boyfriend and herself
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catngabsmom
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
You can't fix stupid and selfish!
KB2311
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM

God I wish I got 1000 a month and didnt have to work for it, I make wayyy less then that a month and I work

lovevamp
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Wow what a selfish stupid cu**
socal1990grl
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM
See if you spend it on yourself like that then no you shouldn't but I do know a lot of mamas out their who do spend it on their child. This girl just needs to grow up and take responsibility. I think someone should handle her money for her Untill she learns that she has a baby and she is ready to step up and be a mom instead of a spoiled little brat
LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you, I just think they should have to show proof each month of how they spend their money,like recipes...cause I know alot of teenmoms that sell their foodstamps instead of using them for their baby

Quoting socal1990grl:

See if you spend it on yourself like that then no you shouldn't but I do know a lot of mamas out their who do spend it on their child. This girl just needs to grow up and take responsibility. I think someone should handle her money for her Untill she learns that she has a baby and she is ready to step up and be a mom instead of a spoiled little brat

cadditalbrat
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM
i was a teen mom and everything I made working and with help went to my kids. It still does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bloom4ever
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I know some non-teenmoms (meaning 20+) that sell their foodstamps...or as 1 person tried to do with ME buy a car with foodstamps...?! (I had a for sale sign on my car to sell it and I was approached with a mom who had a 2-3yr old in a stroller and she asked if she could give me her 500$ of foodstamps for my car...) 

if I got 1000$ a month my kids would be quite lucky lol I mean...I'd put some in college funds for them, and into their clothing and such...I'd only "benefit" from the toilet paper I purchased using it since my 4yr old also needs that toilet paper...I can't stand to see people who take away from their kids in such a way...I mean if you NEED food stamps and such go for it but at least use it to benefit your child and not some random person when it's given to HELP YOU care for that child...

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:24 AM

some MOMs shouldn't benifit from the government...some moms and dads just need a little help...circumstances they can't control. but then there are people like this that make want to just shake them.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM
So report her and that crap isn't because she's a teen mom just a bad one.
LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Me too! I don't see anything wrong with bennefitting from the government, but abusing,using,and taking advantage is something totally different

Quoting ditsyjo:

some MOMs shouldn't benifit from the government...some moms and dads just need a little help...circumstances they can't control. but then there are people like this that make want to just shake them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)