Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Not sure what to do........ :/

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I haven't been on here in a long time but I'm in need of some advice. I'm not sure what to do. I have 3 kids with DH 2 DD and 1 DS plus 1 SS. We thought 2 years ago we would like to have another baby. So I had my IUD taken out. Well 2 years went and I still didn't get preggo so we figured it wasn't meant to be. So 3 months ago I went back on birth control. I was gonna get the IUD but my insurance wouldn't cover it. (I'm on medicare due to being disabled) So I went back on the pills. I took them literally the same time every day got my period and everything. Well this month my period didn't show. Didn't think anything of it cause I've always had irregular periods even on the pill. So I took a test to be on the safe side and yup I'm pregnant. But now DH and I were dead set on no more kids. I don't know what to do. DH knows and he's on the ledge as I am. We won't consider abortion. But we really don't get how 2 yrs of not being on birth control nothing happens but 3 months back on the pill and I'm pregnant. I'm clueless. I won't tell anyone and I know my family is going to go ape shit cause we have been barely getting by as it is. We were in a great spot finacially 2yrs ago and some stuff has happened and now we are literally starting all over. *sighs* I'm so confused...... Just need someone to talk to.... shrugging

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amberbamber0213
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

the pill probly helped regulate your period a but better. i hopw this aint the case for me. i had my IUD removed and 4 months no baby yet. anywho, id have the child. everything will work itself out. and not stress over it. congrats. maybe it was met to be.

hkGraeson
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
O my. Well my only advice, first off congrads, but id take it as you were ready to give up. You guys tried for 2 years n were throwing in the towel but obviously the good lord has other plans. Ive always said everything does happen for a reason weather we understand it right now or not. All in good time you will. Itll make sence when its suppose to. Were never really ready financially for a new bundle of joy but somehow we always manage n things seem to just work. So hang in there, keep your head up, be thankful becuz some ppl just are not lucky enough to even get pregnant at all. I wish you luck dear. God bless!!!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome back,
Congrats,
I guess it was meant to be :)

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

It does sound as though it was meant to be. You and your husband were taken by surprise, but give it time to get used to the idea.

JessLynn2
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I'm trying my best but we had so much planned for the kids over the next year and now we can't. All the money saved is now having to go to this baby. Don't get me wrong I will love this baby to death as my others but I'm still on the fence about it all. I'm also afraid my kids aren't gonna like this at all. My oldest DD loves having a younger siblings but she's been having a lot of problems mentally that right now she's mad at us and I'm sure she's gonna be madder at us for this. I know these things can just happen and she will grow into it and be excited but she's really struggling as it is with her ADHD and ODD. :/

dedep2013
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I know you might think I'm crazy but its true. Both my kids are birth control babies (pill). After my daughter was born her dad and I split a year later. I got off birth control dated a few guys nothing serious. I did have sex with one guy I dated for 6 months nothing. I wasn't on bc. Three years after my daughters birth I got into a serious relationship. I got back on the pill. My sons dad and I were together 4 months and found out I was pregnant three months after started BC. I had complications with bleeding after my son when I had the mirena. But after a lot of testing there is something in the BC pills that made me more fertile. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years have lived together for a year. I'm not on birth control and we use no protection I haven't gotten pregnant. They ran more teat now that I'm off BC and I'm not as fertile.

Some peoples bodies react to pills differently.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN