Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our new house!! !......big update

Posted by   + Show Post

so we have been waiting on one thing before we closed on the house.the second story of the house was an addition to the house its about 15yrs old.well we had to wait on the owner to show us the permits he got to add the 2nd part and we needed the basement inspected and we were done we were closing everything was looking great we started packing and everything.no one saw what happened tonight coming.well my husband went out with the inspector to look at the basement and the people that were renting the house (the owner used it as a rental property) never told the owner that the sliding glass door to the basement was having problems with water and the basement is covered in mold there was mold everywhere and the guy never got permits to build the second story so now the bank wont give us the mortgage.so now we are right back to where we started and im so upset we loved that house and our kids were so excited about moving in.plus we just wasted about 4,000$ doing everything we needed to do on our end

this is the new house we are going to have our realtor call on tomorrow for us

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
MammaPaparazza
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I never heard of that, I need to get out more lol.
How are the taxes there?
Our house in langhorne was 5k in taxes a year-
Here in delaware it's all together with your mortgage and we only pay 1200 total (and that's with car and home owners ins too) we want to go back to pa but the taxes are so high compared to here, it was why we came- you get a big house with property and its cheap- but it sure does suck here lol

Quoting Babymama7710:

We are about 2hrs right now from there but our new house Lincoln university pa and that's about an hr away

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Are you near Lancaster?
I am from langhorne pa but living in delaware

My brother was living in nj near pennsauken but he moved back to pa too

Quoting Babymama7710:

I love Pa I'm from jersey we just moved here 7months ago the house we are at now was only a temp thing since we needed more space when we had the baby.right now we are in the lansdale area it's really nice over here but hubby wanted a house with land and we couldn't find that in this area

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Oh awesome! Your kinda near me then! I'm from pa and can't wait to go back lol

Quoting Babymama7710:

This house is down on the border of pa,Delaware,and Maryland 

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Are you up north pa? Like pocono area?

Quoting Babymama7710:

It's in PA and no we are not my husband asked and.my husband said if there ends up being a problem with it he can dig it a little deeper.but the owners said they have never had a probe in the 50yrs they have had the house

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Very pretty! What state?

Your not in a flood zone are you?

I'd love to have water on my property but I'm afraid lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Woah! What a place! and I love your master bedroom! and the finished basement!

kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

It's beautiful - I love that porch!!!

mom4awesomekids
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I love it!!!

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

sweet!

ChloeDolce1
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Wishing your family many years of happy memories in your new home!
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Very nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babymama7710
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

For the house we just bought the taxes are 5,000$ our mortgage is going to be 2,200 that's with everything added in.insurance,mortgage insurance everything.the house is 3,000sq ft and has 4acres of land and we paid 305,000$ for it.its a little expensive but its only a little more then what we pay in rent for a 3bedroom town house

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

How are the taxes there?
Here in delaware it's all together with your mortgage and we only pay 1200 total (and that's with car and home owners ins too) we want to go back to pa but the taxes are so high compared to here, it was why we came- you get a big house with property and its cheap- but it sure does suck here lol

Quoting Babymama7710:

We are about 2hrs right now from there but our new house Lincoln university pa and that's about an hr away

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Are you near Lancaster?

Quoting Babymama7710:

I love Pa I'm from jersey we just moved here 7months ago the house we are at now was only a temp thing since we needed more space when we had the baby.right now we are in the lansdale area it's really nice over here but hubby wanted a house with land and we couldn't find that in this area

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting Babymama7710:

It's in PA and no we are not my husband asked and.my husband said if there ends up being a problem with it he can dig it a little deeper.but the owners said they have never had a probe in the 50yrs they have had the house

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Very pretty! What state?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

The price really doesn't sound expensive to me for the acreage and the size of the place, it sounds like a good price. And that it is only a little more than you are paying for rent is really nice.

Quoting Babymama7710:

For the house we just bought the taxes are 5,000$ our mortgage is going to be 2,200 that's with everything added in.insurance,mortgage insurance everything.the house is 3,000sq ft and has 4acres of land and we paid 305,000$ for it.its a little expensive but its only a little more then what we pay in rent for a 3bedroom town house

MammaPaparazza
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM
That's not bad at all. How old is the house?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

How are the taxes there?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Are you near Lancaster?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Very pretty! What state?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN