Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you believe in if not Christ

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 68 Replies

First off please can we act decent and have no bashing to a question, if you are not a christian what do you believe in, were you believer and did something happen that made you turn and finally who do you turn to for guidance, support and forgiveness if not Christ.  This topic came up today between my daughter and myself for her religion class in highschool.  Please just answer and no drama just a direct answer will do.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
munky.wench
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
3 moms liked this

My mom bounced between a few different versions of Christianity before settling on Jehovahs witness for a good part of my childhood. After leaving home I researched many different religions and finally settled on agnostic of a sort. There is no way of proving not only there is or is not a god, but if so, which one is the right one. So instead of stressing or just picking one to have one I choose to live my life by my morals and do my best to help those that need it. In essence, to live by the golden rule.

des-momma
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I was raised lds which I have grown away from and don't believe a lot that they teach. I believe in Christ I just don't choice a religion and don't want to. The reason why is I feel like there is no 100 percent true church out there.
Buggy979
by Danette on May. 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't believe in Any higher power like god.I believe earth is keeping us alive. It supplies us with everything we need and it is up to us to live a good life with morals, respect, love and laughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Muslim.  We belive that Allah (SWT) has no partners or sons.  Jesus (AS) is a prophet and messenger in Islam and just a mortal man.  We do not believe that Jesus died.  Rather a man who looked like Jesus (AS) was killed.  Jesus (AS) is in Heaven alive until it is time for him to come back to Earth. 

marinequeen
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Hi, just trying to understand, so did Jesus die or was he always in heaven? Sorry about the question but I do not know much about the Muslim religion

Quoting jeweldragons:

I am Muslim.  We belive that Allah (SWT) has no partners or sons.  Jesus (AS) is a prophet and messenger in Islam and just a mortal man.  We do not believe that Jesus died.  Rather a man who looked like Jesus (AS) was killed.  Jesus (AS) is in Heaven alive until it is time for him to come back to Earth. 

jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I was raised Christian. It didn't take me long to realize that I didn't believe it and that it just felt wrong. I am Wiccan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting marinequeen:

Hi, just trying to understand, so did Jesus die or was he always in heaven? Sorry about the question but I do not know much about the Muslim religion

Quoting jeweldragons:

We recognize the virgin birth of Jesus (AS) to Mary (RA). Jesus (AS) was on Earth but he was taken up to Heaven. He will return to Earth. I don't know much about this so I'm afraid I can't tell you much. There is an entire Sura in the Quran (Sura 19) which is titled Maryam. No Jesus did not die. http://quranexplorer.com/quran Click the link and it will take you where you can hear Qur'an and then scroll down to Sura 19 in the drop down menu at the top.
marinequeen
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you I will look that up. Also a thanks goes out so far for keeping this post decent and not for bashing each others religious or others beliefs!

Quoting jeweldragons:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting jeweldragons:

We recognize the virgin birth of Jesus (AS) to Mary (RA). Jesus (AS) was on Earth but he was taken up to Heaven. He will return to Earth. I don't know much about this so I'm afraid I can't tell you much. There is an entire Sura in the Quran (Sura 19) which is titled Maryam. No Jesus did not die. http://quranexplorer.com/quran Click the link and it will take you where you can hear Qur'an and then scroll down to Sura 19 in the drop down menu at the top.

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I was never a part of organized religion but was raised in a Protestant church. I don't look to anyone for forgiveness, I am a good person and have never done anything immoral, to MY standards. If I need guidance, I turn to my family...my parents, grandma and hubby. Support, same people. I don't meed an invisible man in the sky to tell me what's right or wrong. :) I go out of my way to help others, love unconditionally and laugh often. THAT, to me is my purpose in life.
tifferie
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I believe in being a good person. To treat others as I want to be treated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN