See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
So we just got a gold fish. We had fish before, but they were feeders for other pets so I was not that worried about keeping them alive for long. We have a just shy of 2 gallon tank with a filter (yes she will be getting a nice big tank, dont worry! She is only 1-1.5 inches right now). We used galloned water and used one of those purification tablets for good measure. We got the food that the lady at the petstore recommended. "She" keeps going to the top of the tank and doing this eating or gasping for air thing, and when I looked it up it said that it could be that she has too much ammonia in her water, but we JUST set it up today, so I dont see how she could have generated too much ammonia in a few hours. I have no freaking clue if this is normal for fish, but I DO know that DD will be absolutely devastated if this thing dies, so any advice is GREATLY appreciated!