Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pirate themed birthday.. ideas?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am throwing a birthday  part for  my youngest (7) and he wants a pirate themed party. I am putting together a scavenger hunt for him and his friends( we are going to have his party out doors and the "treasure chest" will house the goody bags and one last much wanted gift.... other than that i am at a loss... what other fun  pirate themed games and ideas do you ladies have?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
des-momma
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Look on Oriental trading they have a lot of pirate themed things
bchic24
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw we did a pirate theme for my son's first lol. We made the cake into a pirate ship. We also got a kiddie pool and filled it with sand and burried treasure like gold coins, beads, and toys. We also did pin the eye patch on the pirate lol. Oh and we had little styrofoam swords (or you can make balloon ones) that the kids played with.
Mrs.Gibson23
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I did my sons birthday pirates!! Got a pirate ship cake put chocolate gold coins all over the table all the kids had eye patches pirate hats everything. Ill post a pic or two to show u!!!!!
Mrs.Gibson23
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It was 90 degrees cake started to melt!!!
Mrs.Gibson23
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Sorry the pic isnt very good but i got gummy pirate teeth the gold coins the little telescopes seeing eye scopes lol whatever their called! It turned out great!!!!
Mrs.Gibson23
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
It was my sons first b day so we didnt play games per say but they had a blast pretending to be pirates with all their gear!!!!
kagegirl
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Flag making.
Mrs.Godfrey
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM

thanks for your replies ladies...  i did find a site with several pirate themed game ideas that i adored... but im always looking for more ideas if you have them

lmjess
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We did a pirate themed carnival for my son's 7th birthday.

We made pirate ship boats out of milk cartons and did a duck pond game with them. We did a dig for buried treasure sandbox. A pirate skull and cross bones ring toss game. A pirate Plinko board. A pirate skee ball game.

The kids earned coins from the games to 'buy' pirate gear at the pirate store. We had bandanas, eye patches, swords, jewelry, tattooes, gold coins, etc...

calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
We hidclues and .little treasures leading up to a pirates chest of goody bags and beads and candy and oriental trading junk. We also played capture the (pirate) flag.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)