Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my 27 year old is lost and i don't know how to help him

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

my 27 year old son was diagnosed with anxiety,depression and ocd.  he has had panic attacks with these symtoms since last August.  they came on suddenly and he's had every test in the book.  he had a really good job and lost it because of all this.  now he's still having symptoms and is scared to go back into the professional workforce because of what happened to him.  he gets overwhelmed extremely easily and he can't seem to cope with life.  he's lost and i'm not sure how to help him anymore.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Just be there for him the best you can. So sorry
nenemarie
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

RIGHT NOW ALL I CAN SAY IS HE NEEDS YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING TALK WITH HIM AND SEE IF HE CAN GET ON ANY MEDS TO HELP WITH HIS ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION AND OCD I HAVE A COUSIN WHO IS THE SAME WAY AND HE GOT ON MEDS AND IT CHANGED HIM TO WERE HE COULD WORK AND HAVE A REGULAR LIFE HOPE MY ADVICE HELP BEST OF LUCK TO HIM AND YOU :)

SissyAnn141
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Quoting nenemarie:

RIGHT NOW ALL I CAN SAY IS HE NEEDS YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING TALK WITH HIM AND SEE IF HE CAN GET ON ANY MEDS TO HELP WITH HIS ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION AND OCD I HAVE A COUSIN WHO IS THE SAME WAY AND HE GOT ON MEDS AND IT CHANGED HIM TO WERE HE COULD WORK AND HAVE A REGULAR LIFE HOPE MY ADVICE HELP BEST OF LUCK TO HIM AND YOU :)

I seriously Agree, be there and done this, .......

Get him Legally Diagnosed.   Contact me, if you need too.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I agree with the others.  Make sure he is legally diagnosed and the doctor has a treatment plan set up for him.  He should be able to resume a "normal'life with work and friends.

heartfelt3
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I have anxiety and depression,and yes it is bad,but the basics and this disorder is it's a mind think,FEAR.... From stress,worrying,if he can learn to tell himself this is all in the mind and strat thinking of positives thinks,other wise change his way of.thinking it will go away,and learn to breath slow,maybe some yoga classes and excrises will help too.Or go talk to a lifecoach,about whats bothering him it will help,yes they have meds for panic attacks like lorazhpram,but only takes the edge off,only think that really works is for him to train his mind by thinking postive,excrises,yoga classes and him believing this is just fear,he will have to live a stress free lifestyle and best to talk to someone about whats bothering him
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Big hugs hon,
Be there for him & let him know you're there to support him,
Hope he can find a job .. good luck :)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am so sorry you and he are going through this. If he doesn't have a therapist he is happy with, find one immediately. Good luck.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I hope this doesn't sound too direct but all of those symptoms sound exactly like Asperger's to me! All of my kids have it. I know it very well. I would look up some info. Google Tony Attwood and Aspergers syndrome. OCD, anxiety, social anxiety, depression, OCD behaviors are all symptoms of an autism spectrum disorder or another word for it is Asperger's. Good luck I think he could get the best help, understanding of himself, and support if he really and truly knows what's going on. Also if he gets a diagnosis he can get therapy for it. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Feel free to message me if you want if you have further questions!

Dixilee
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

my son has his own problems.I have been looking at brain mapping ,this is a site Lumosity .my son is serious about this the sevice uses special teams for service for brain injured and brain damage to show exactly what is wrong

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN