Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

queen of weirdness

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

It is so stinking hot here I just dusted myself with honey dust to keep the sweat down.  Most people only use it for fun time but i will use it for every day life.  DD even asked for some on her underarms and forehead due to sweating.  I think it is much safer than actual antiperspirant for children and me.  Hopefully I will not wake up with body parts stuck to each other.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Two_Hearts
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I often sprinkle baby powder on the bottom sheets ...it soaks up the sweat while you are sleeping , and helps with the heat.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM

That is what i do with honey dust as well.  Does not help it comes in a delicious flavor so i love the scent of strawberries.  How do you change out the powder?  Shake it out when you change the sheets or vacuum it off?

Quoting Two_Hearts:

I often sprinkle baby powder on the bottom sheets ...it soaks up the sweat while you are sleeping , and helps with the heat.

Two_Hearts
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:52 AM

by the time you wake up in the morning ..there really isn't any to shake/vaccuum off.

And if there is...i usually just leave it there for that night. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

That is what i do with honey dust as well.  Does not help it comes in a delicious flavor so i love the scent of strawberries.  How do you change out the powder?  Shake it out when you change the sheets or vacuum it off?

Quoting Two_Hearts:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:54 AM

ah ok.  I havent mastered the dusting of bed yet LOL  I usually put too much on.   DD was just so cute asking if she could put some on my back since i couldnt reach there and asking for some on her underarms LOL.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

by the time you wake up in the morning ..there really isn't any to shake/vaccuum off.

And if there is...i usually just leave it there for that night. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Two_Hearts:

wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on May. 6, 2013 at 4:51 AM
What is honey dust?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Dehydrated honey usually mixed with cornstarch as well to prevent clumping.

Quoting wickedfiress:

What is honey dust?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)