Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any seventh day Adventists or Jehovah witnesses out there

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 33 Replies

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juju40
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I'm not, so I can't tell you about them.  Sorry.

ShannaBee
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I've been reading a book a JW gave me and it is totally different than how I was taught by my Baptist grandparents.

They believe Jesus is the archangel Michael.
They do not believe in the Trinity.
They do not believe in going to Heaven upon death.
They do not celebrate most holidays.

*there's more but that's all I can think of.

The only thing I know about the Seventh Day Adventist is that they believe Saturday is the Sabbath.
GleeFan
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I don't know what they believe but it is an interesting question. I always like to learn new things too.

jjessers
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

They are Jehovah's Witnesses not Jehovah's.

They believe Jesus was born to Mary . That he sacrificed his life for us here on earth . 

They don't celebrate holidays because they are pagan. They don't get blood transfusions because it represents life. A gift from Jehovah and the bible states do not ingest blood in any form. 

They do not believe that when you die you will go to heaven.

That after Armageddon 144,000 will reign from heaven with Jehovah and his son Jesus  and those who have died and were true to their faith as a Jehovah's witness will be resurrected and live here on earth. 

My reply is a basic way to get across some of their beliefs. (My parents are Jehovah's Witnesses ) 

What else would you like to know ?

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My aunt is seventh day Adventist. In a nutshell they are a Christian denomination with the biggest "difference" being that they use a typical calendar week with Sunday being day 1, so the 7th day is a day of rest. ( Saturday). They believe that Jesus is the son of god and he died for our sins. I know my aunt doesn't eat pork for reglious reasons though I have never really questioned it.
brenda06
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My moms side are 7th Day Adventist. Church on Saturday, sabbath starts Friday evening when the sun goes down, no Tv (unless it's religious channel), spending money, or work during sabbath. Don't eat pork or seafood. There is no life after death, no ghosts or reincarnation, the dead do not go straight to Heaven or Hell when they die, that will happen when God comes. Do not obey the 10 commandments you will not be in Heaven. I believe in the SDA ways but as with other religions they can be very judgemental and put you down for many things. I'm judged b/c I'm not married and live with my boyfriend (of almost 8yrs now) and I supposedly worship the devil b/c my boyfriend has demon tattoos (he got them when he was a teenager, like 20yrs ago). Do not wear jewelry except wedding ring.

thebatesfamily
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

Wife to Jeremy William - May 11,2008

Proudest mama ever to:

New baby  - January 10, 2014, Bradley William Dana - February 1, 2009, Chance William Robert - March 9, 2011

juju40
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

thebatesfamily
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

Quoting juju40:

Wife to Jeremy William - May 11,2008

Proudest mama ever to:

New baby  - January 10, 2014, Bradley William Dana - February 1, 2009, Chance William Robert - March 9, 2011

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN