Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any seventh day Adventists or Jehovah witnesses out there

Posted by   + Show Post

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
momma2mms
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Bump

juju40
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

well believe what you want...but they've been Jehovas for a very long time...

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

thebatesfamily
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Jehovah is Gods name, not ours. And I will definitely keep believing what I do right now about your friend not being a JW, I have been a JW my entire life and the flaws I pointed out in terms of the things I refuted are 100% correct.

Quoting juju40:

well believe what you want...but they've been Jehovas for a very long time...

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

Wife to Jeremy William - May 11,2008

Proudest mama ever to:

New baby  - January 10, 2014, Bradley William Dana - February 1, 2009, Chance William Robert - March 9, 2011

Cuchulu
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

This is getting too confusing!!!!!

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses and I was raised in that religion.  When I became an adult I walked out of that religion because of so many restrictions that made no sense and all that nosing into our private life.  For years I had no religion but I always belive and had a relationship with God.  Years later when I started my own family I made the decision to become a Christian.  I am happy with that, I have learned so much and feel that finally I kind of know what God is all about.  To make a story short, as far as I learned whle a Jehovah's witness is that Jesus is God's son not some kind of angel.  Angels are lower rank than  Jesus and he was sent to earth by God to become a sacrifice for our sins so we could have a chance of everlasting life.  Jesus was in heaven before he was born to Mary on earth.  In the Bible it says that Jesus was with God in the begining so that means he came to earth from heaven and then when he died he went back to heaven after his resurection.  Jehovah's witnesses do not celebrate birthdays, Christmas... they do celebrate anniversaries and Jesus death. (their version of Easter)  They do not accept blood transfusions nor do they vote or do Jury duty (nothing to do with politics)

LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM
What is a WELS?

Quoting marinequeen:

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

ayacocca
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My beau is a disfellowshipped jw.. if he's accepted back into the church we'd have to break up bc Im non denominational.
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Sorry,I am not

BUMP

marinequeen
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, a very conservative lutheran

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

What is a WELS?

Quoting marinequeen:

LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Okay, I've heard of them. Is that like Missouri Synod?

Quoting marinequeen:

Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, a very conservative lutheran

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

What is a WELS?

Quoting marinequeen:

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM
My sister inlaw married into Jehovah's Witnesses. I know that in their church they don't believe in crosses and his parents had a massive caniption when they got married at her church in the sanctuary and also because there was a massive cross in the front. When he got exiled from the church for his divorce and "unholiness" it was suggested to his parent's to shun him. They didn't but kept it quiet for a while. His was an elder if I remember correctly. They don't believe in going to heaven until after His return and then something about virgins or something. I don't know. Not to bash I promise but with my experience I found nothing but absolute negativity with this church in getting to know this family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)