Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any seventh day Adventists or Jehovah witnesses out there

Posted by   + Show Post

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
His father is or was an elder I think*. Sorry. Posting on my cell.
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My friend who I consider my dad believes in this. 

He has ALWAYS believe in God and the bible, but since being with his new wife he has turned into a 7th Day Adventist, he refuses to do anything on Friday evenings until Saturday evenings, if you are at his house, you must be 100% quiet, and not speak to him or anything. I was there last summer and asked him for help with school, he laughed and said you should have asked me an hour ago. Unless it's coming from the bible I am not touching it. 

He judges me because I believe in spirits and etc. 

He had the nerve to say I wasn't following God because he asked me if God came to me and asked me to give Addision up if I would, and I laughed and said HELL TO THE EFF NO, no way in hell would I EVER give any of my children up, and if you would for some thing that might not be real then you are the one with issues. 

This whole religion is wacko to me.

And my friend, has no room to judge ANYONE

Quoting brenda06:

My moms side are 7th Day Adventist. Church on Saturday, sabbath starts Friday evening when the sun goes down, no Tv (unless it's religious channel), spending money, or work during sabbath. Don't eat pork or seafood. There is no life after death, no ghosts or reincarnation, the dead do not go straight to Heaven or Hell when they die, that will happen when God comes. Do not obey the 10 commandments you will not be in Heaven. I believe in the SDA ways but as with other religions they can be very judgemental and put you down for many things. I'm judged b/c I'm not married and live with my boyfriend (of almost 8yrs now) and I supposedly worship the devil b/c my boyfriend has demon tattoos (he got them when he was a teenager, like 20yrs ago). Do not wear jewelry except wedding ring.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I was told they don't even celebrate Easter. 

Quoting Cuchulu:

This is getting too confusing!!!!!

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses and I was raised in that religion.  When I became an adult I walked out of that religion because of so many restrictions that made no sense and all that nosing into our private life.  For years I had no religion but I always belive and had a relationship with God.  Years later when I started my own family I made the decision to become a Christian.  I am happy with that, I have learned so much and feel that finally I kind of know what God is all about.  To make a story short, as far as I learned whle a Jehovah's witness is that Jesus is God's son not some kind of angel.  Angels are lower rank than  Jesus and he was sent to earth by God to become a sacrifice for our sins so we could have a chance of everlasting life.  Jesus was in heaven before he was born to Mary on earth.  In the Bible it says that Jesus was with God in the begining so that means he came to earth from heaven and then when he died he went back to heaven after his resurection.  Jehovah's witnesses do not celebrate birthdays, Christmas... they do celebrate anniversaries and Jesus death. (their version of Easter)  They do not accept blood transfusions nor do they vote or do Jury duty (nothing to do with politics)

marinequeen
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

yes they split synods but we have the same beliefs

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

Okay, I've heard of them. Is that like Missouri Synod?

Quoting marinequeen:

Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, a very conservative lutheran

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

What is a WELS?

Quoting marinequeen:

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

Cuchulu
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM

It's not Easter really,  What they celebrate is Jesus death.  This is done around Easter time that's why I say "their version of Easter". 

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
stop spreading falsehoods.
Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You may have shortened it to Jehovas but that is neither correct nor proper.
Quoting juju40:

well believe what you want...but they've been Jehovas for a very long time...

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

juju40
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

yeah ok

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting juju40:

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Quoting juju40:

yeah ok

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting juju40:

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Yes. We believe in Jesus, who said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) We have faith that Jesus came to earth from heaven and gave his perfect human life as a ransom sacrifice. (Matthew 20:28) His death and resurrection make it possible for those exercising faith in him to gain everlasting life. (John 3:16) We also believe that Jesus is now ruling as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, which will soon bring peace to the entire earth. (Revelation 11:15) However, we take Jesus at his word when he said: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) So we do not worship Jesus, as we do not believe that he is Almighty God.

Quoting juju40:

yeah ok

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting juju40:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)