Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any seventh day Adventists or Jehovah witnesses out there

Posted by   + Show Post

What do seventh day adventists believe in and also Jehovah witnesses believe in, nothing bashing please I am just curious about other religions, I am a WELS

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (31-33):
polka.dot.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

There is only One True God and his name is Jehovah and his People are called his Witnesses, therefore our name is Jehovah's Witnesses

Quoting juju40:

well believe what you want...but they've been Jehovas for a very long time...

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

polka.dot.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Sister! Agape!

Quoting IamMex11:

Yes. We believe in Jesus, who said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) We have faith that Jesus came to earth from heaven and gave his perfect human life as a ransom sacrifice. (Matthew 20:28) His death and resurrection make it possible for those exercising faith in him to gain everlasting life. (John 3:16) We also believe that Jesus is now ruling as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, which will soon bring peace to the entire earth. (Revelation 11:15) However, we take Jesus at his word when he said: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) So we do not worship Jesus, as we do not believe that he is Almighty God.

Quoting juju40:

yeah ok

Quoting IamMex11:

stop spreading falsehoods.
Quoting juju40:

Jehovah's don't believe that Christ came down from Heaven...they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or Anniversaries or getting blood transfusions...I have no clue about 7th day advantists

polka.dot.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Hi Sister, Agape to you too!

Quoting thebatesfamily:

Jehovah is Gods name, not ours. And I will definitely keep believing what I do right now about your friend not being a JW, I have been a JW my entire life and the flaws I pointed out in terms of the things I refuted are 100% correct.

Quoting juju40:

well believe what you want...but they've been Jehovas for a very long time...

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I hate to say this but I feel like I seriously doubt your story. No one whom is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS would allow themself to be called a Jehovah AKA our God's name. 

Anniversaries are fine to celebrate, I was just at the celebration of an elder and his wife after having been married for 40 years.

Dating or marrying outside our religion is more of a conscience matter but it is highly discouraged for a HUGE reason. This reason is, is that it is hard to raise a family with a person whom does not share your beliefs especially when it comes to holidays, taking blood, etc. I married a person outside the religion when I fell away from my religion for a while, in fact I did it TWICE and there were NO negative repercussions from it in terms of my religion, they love and welcome my husband every time he comes with our boys and I to our kingdom hall. 

All of these facts are solid that I am giving you. Your family member is obviously misinformed, newly studying as a JW or as I suggested before, you are unfortunately not telling the truth.

Quoting juju40:

I have a cousin who's Jehovah and they don't celebrate anything..they also are not allowed to date outside of their religion or marry our their religion

Quoting thebatesfamily:

May I ask where you got the info from that we do not celebrate Anniversaries? This is very wrong. We also do believe that Jehovah God sent the Angel Michael from heaven and he was Jesus, our God's only begotten son.

Quoting juju40:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN