Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need energy!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have a 21 month old and a 6 month old both by c-section and NOT by choice. Anyway I gained ALOT of weight from both pregnancies and went from 145 to 190 am 5'1 am NOT breastfeeding anymore again NOT by choice so I have been wanting to start Crossfit but the problem is I have to show up to the 6AM class for various reasons I don't want to list well one major reason called DH! But I have NO energy whatsoever I've tried setting the alarm to wake up at 5 but I feel so TIRED that i just go back to sleep. I have trouble sleeping at night and when I do wake up around 8 I still feel tired. Any suggestions on what to drink to get my energy levels up? Am looking for something natural not things like red bull etc
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Green tea, Orange juice, eat an apple, you can make  'power"smoothies with greens, fruits, protein (in form of yogurt or milk), etc.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I would look into smoothie recipes to help your energy.

My DH has been doing a paleo diet (not so much a diet but a way of life) for a few months and he says he's never had more energy.

MrsPniewski
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM

SHAKEOLOGY!!! It's all natural, will help you lose weight and boosts your mood!! I started trying it late summer last year and will never go back. It literally changed my life. It got rid of my migraines, stopped me from having bad cravings and gave me a ton of energy! I also used to HATE mornings and getting up early and now I LOVE it b/c I look forward to drinking it for breakfast and it keeps me full and energized throught the day without crashing =) 

jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Getting yourself to exercise will give you more energy! It takes a boost to get over that hump but it will help

jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Try to avoid heavy greasy foods!

Donnah118
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Trail mix...tried and true
Amora1201
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I tried this my sister ordered it online for me and while it did make me more regular it made me feel extremely bloated I've had stomach ulcers so I really watch what I eat which is why I also don't understand the huge weight gain I've had since I got diagnose with them. I guess I will try it again and see how it works again

Quoting MrsPniewski:

SHAKEOLOGY!!! It's all natural, will help you lose weight and boosts your mood!! I started trying it late summer last year and will never go back. It literally changed my life. It got rid of my migraines, stopped me from having bad cravings and gave me a ton of energy! I also used to HATE mornings and getting up early and now I LOVE it b/c I look forward to drinking it for breakfast and it keeps me full and energized throught the day without crashing =) 

Amora1201
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Thanks for the advice but I have a food intolerance to peanuts they make me feel short of breath and like I am about to pass out! :(

Quoting Donnah118:

Trail mix...tried and true

MrsPniewski
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I actually had that problem too when I first started taking it. I started using just half a scoop instead of a whole and it helped a lot! I also use the vegan chocolate which seemed to help also. 

Quoting Amora1201:

I tried this my sister ordered it online for me and while it did make me more regular it made me feel extremely bloated I've had stomach ulcers so I really watch what I eat which is why I also don't understand the huge weight gain I've had since I got diagnose with them. I guess I will try it again and see how it works again

Quoting MrsPniewski:

MrsPniewski
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have heard of that happening! Try and just do a half a scoop and see how your stomach does with that! Also, did you mix anything with it? Sometimes if you add too much substance to it, it could do that. I felt bloated if I put too much fruit in mine!

Quoting Amora1201:

Quoting MrsPniewski:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)