Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Options:

yes

no

Other - please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind of annoyed about this.

Should I let him go?

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other? How did it go?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM

No we don't. Right now we're not in a financial situation to allow for him to pay for a plane ticket and everything else that comes along with it without hurting ourselves in other areas. It would not be something I'd be okay with and I don't think he would ever want to be so irresponsible with our money. That being said, if we had the extra money and it didn't need to go elsewhere or be saved for something else, I wouldn't have a problem as long as he and his friends were responsible people.

MrsCarnes88
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM
We have not but June 21-24 I'm going on a camping trip with some of mine and DH is staying home with the kids I don't think its a big deal n if he wanted to go seats for a weekend with the guys y not I trust him and he trust me and a weekend get away won't hurt anything..
LAXmom21
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, seperate, as a couple and as a family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i go on little weekenders with the girls

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM

We go to conferences without each other, but that's about it. I take the kids for a month each summer and he will often join us for 2 weeks of it. It all depends on the vacation situation at work. Sometimes it's only for a long weekend. But we don't go on separate vacations.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Yes commonly. We just got back from a family vacation. Next month my son and I are going on a vacation in July my husband is going on a vacation. And in August we are doing another family vacation but half of it we are dropping ds off with family and doing a mini vacation to ourselves (I have never been away from him) and then in October another family vacation and in November a vacation to visit out of town family (we always go for 4 days for thanksgiving).
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I wouldn't say vacations, more like short getaways. I have a girls' weekend each October that I go to. DH works with a youth group and goes to their annual convention with friends each year. Vacations we do as a family. I don't see the big deal to go away with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Other than little weekend trips to the beach or something we have only gone on 4 actual vacations in our 11 years together. I have gone out of town for the weekend without him to visit a friend, but that is about it. I wouldn't have a problem if he wanted to do the same. If we had the money for us to to take separate vacations, then I wouldn't have any problem with him going with friends and I doing the same. I am not his parent and he is not mine, we dont tell each other what we can and cant do. I also believe its good for a relationship to have time apart once in a while and do something with friends.

Let your husband go on his trip if you guys can afford it. No reason for you to be together at all times. 

nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Nope, never have and never will. We don't get a whole lot of time together as it is so if we go on vacation it is together. Neither of us has good friends that we'd want to go away with anyways, we only know other couples who only want vacations with their spouses and kids. I would be upset and hurt if dh said he wanted to go away without me as would he if I said it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Yes we do, but most of our vacations are together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN