Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mother's Day

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
what would you like to receive?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Don't care as long as I get to spend it with my son and dh.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My 17yo is in the teenager "black hole" (you know, the stage they all hit when they think we're stupid..?)

I'd like respect from him..my dh to listen to me..because he's asked me 5 times what I want and I've told him. But because it's something different and he knows nothing about them..he's acting all resistant and constipated.

I'd love 2 Alex and Ani bracelets.

LAXmom21
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I am getting a spa gift certificate, brunch with DH and the boys, then they are going out til they bring home dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

We dont do gifts for these kinds of holidays usually. We just do something like go to dinner or something.

Angeleyez81
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM

All I've heard from my DH is how he wants to go visit with his mom on Mother's Day and he's stressing because he don't know what to get her. Whatever. He knows that I've wanted a Mother's ring since I gave birth 10yrs ago to our youngest dd, have I got one yet, nope, but his mom got a grandma's ring for Mother's Day 6 years ago. I gave up my Mother's Day last year, my first one alone (both mom and grandma have passed away) to accomodate DH and his brothers to have their mom over. I asked him then if it could be just the 4 of us and visit with his mom the day before, guess he forgot. I asked DH last year to not get me any jewelry unless it's a Mother's ring...so he found some neclace on amazon and asked if I would like it for Mother's day, really?! Sorry for rambling, I would like a Mother's ring (that has mine, dh and both dd's names and stones on it), to feel appreciated and not expected, to have little things done for me from time to time like I do for others, a home cooked meal.

Devious103102
by Priscilla on May. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Sleep, LOL!  Actually the best would be for my baby to give me a nice BIG kick that I could really feel (I'm 19w and have an anterior placenta).

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Just to have that day....I'm not demanding or requesting any  special gift.  But, DH works that night, so, it's just another day in the week.  I'll wake, make breakfast for the girls and I, do some laundry, some cleaning and play with them until he wakes, then I'll make dinner and send him to work.  

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'd like to spend time with my family, but I don't see this happening. So other than that I want to hug my own Mom. :)

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
You sound like me.

Quoting Angeleyez81:

All I've heard from my DH is how he wants to go visit with his mom on Mother's Day and he's stressing because he don't know what to get her. Whatever. He knows that I've wanted a Mother's ring since I gave birth 10yrs ago to our youngest dd, have I got one yet, nope, but his mom got a grandma's ring for Mother's Day 6 years ago. I gave up my Mother's Day last year, my first one alone (both mom and grandma have passed away) to accomodate DH and his brothers to have their mom over. I asked him then if it could be just the 4 of us and visit with his mom the day before, guess he forgot. I asked DH last year to not get me any jewelry unless it's a Mother's ring...so he found some neclace on amazon and asked if I would like it for Mother's day, really?! Sorry for rambling, I would like a Mother's ring (that has mine, dh and both dd's names and stones on it), to feel appreciated and not expected, to have little things done for me from time to time like I do for others, a home cooked meal.

momof5inohio
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Peace,Quiet, and a bath with no one knocking on the door asking "Whatcha doin?" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)