Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bottle feeding plz help!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 19 Replies
I have been breastfeeding for almost three months want to know if anyone had advice on thebest way to get bby on the bottle
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Find a bottle with nipples that more resemble a mothers nipple area .. DD hated the bottle so she was 95% breastfed.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

You can try switching to a bottle that contains breast milk first, then all bottles with breast milk.  If you want to use formula, then you can try mixing part formula and part breast milk once you  have her on the bottle.

cands218
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Thank you i heard tommeetippee is more of a life like nipple going to pick it up tomorrow wish me luck

Quoting frndlyfn:

Find a bottle with nipples that more resemble a mothers nipple area .. DD hated the bottle so she was 95% breastfed.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Try avent bottles there similar to the nipple.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

We used the playtex drop ins for the times she was not able to be breastfed due to a medical procedure i had or if i was not home.

Quoting cands218:

Thank you i heard tommeetippee is more of a life like nipple going to pick it up tomorrow wish me luck

Quoting frndlyfn:

cands218
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Im going to give her only breast milk to make it easy on her and easy on my wallet

Quoting Bmat:

You can try switching to a bottle that contains breast milk first, then all bottles with breast milk.  If you want to use formula, then you can try mixing part formula and part breast milk once you  have her on the bottle.

mamabubbs
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My son nurses almost all the time but he has had to use a bottle a few time. He took tommee tippee ones just fine.
cands218
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Is that more of a nipple like bottle as well and it wasnt hard to go back and forth with the boob,and bottle

Quoting frndlyfn:

We used the playtex drop ins for the times she was not able to be breastfed due to a medical procedure i had or if i was not home.

Quoting cands218:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

im not sure if i had a "plan"  but when mine switched from boob to bottle i just offered it to them & they both did ok i still weaned.. letting them nurse  before bed or in the morning & then  cut back.. are you in the breast feeding  group? those girls know  alot about this! ill give you the link in  the next response .. ill find it.. but can I ask why you want to switch?  do you wnat to switch to formual or bm in the bottle? i went form nursing to  pumping into a bottle but then the pump didnt work that well so i  couldnt keep up & had to wean to formula before i wanted to.

cands218
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Tried she wasnt having it lol

Quoting DACIA79:

Try avent bottles there similar to the nipple.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)