Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So I have been dating this guy for about a month. Tomorrow night I'm meeting his 2 15 yr old daughters. I'm so anxious ...any advice?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on May. 8, 2013 at 3:24 AM

oooh good luck!! let us know how it goes :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Sounds like a mature answer from her.  Does she have any contact with her father?  She may feel like she is betraying him by wanting to meet your new bf.

Quoting Pam74033:

My DD is 14, no she isn't meeting them just yet. Sh says she's not ready. So we figured we would take them all to do something together to get them comfortable. Its all very stressful lol.

Quoting ScrChk23:

How old is your DD? Is she going too?

Quoting Pam74033:

Well he has them full time and I have my DD full time so finding time without all of them is sometimes an issue. He usually from what I understand doesn't rush into things but he asked so Ofcourse I accepted.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why so soon?

Pam74033
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM
She has a relationship with her dad. He has been with his mistress since we separated and.they're about to get married. So I don't think that's it. I think she is a little intimidated by meeting girls her own age.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Sounds like a mature answer from her.  Does she have any contact with her father?  She may feel like she is betraying him by wanting to meet your new bf.

Quoting Pam74033:

My DD is 14, no she isn't meeting them just yet. Sh says she's not ready. So we figured we would take them all to do something together to get them comfortable. Its all very stressful lol.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting Pam74033:

Well he has them full time and I have my DD full time so finding time without all of them is sometimes an issue. He usually from what I understand doesn't rush into things but he asked so Ofcourse I accepted.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why so soon?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

That is a good possibility too.  Especially since they are at the awkward teen years where girls seem more catty then ever.

Quoting Pam74033:

She has a relationship with her dad. He has been with his mistress since we separated and.they're about to get married. So I don't think that's it. I think she is a little intimidated by meeting girls her own age.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why so soon?

Pam74033
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Exactly. I don't blame her. Hell it scares the shit out of me. But I will show no fear, don't make eye contact and I have to remember not to show affection toward their dad in front of them lol.

Quoting ScrChk23:

That is a good possibility too.  Especially since they are at the awkward teen years where girls seem more catty then ever.

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why so soon?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

rose in mouth 

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Good luck. That's such a hard age, I don't think I'd want to do it. Teenage girls can be so mean lol.

PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
B yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN