Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When do u know?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 12 Replies
My question is...
When do you know you're in love with someone? Obviously it's different for everyone. But how long, typically do you think it takes to be in love with someone? Do you think that anytime is too soon or if you're not in love by a certain point do you think it won't happen?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM
When my husband and I started dating I just knew. He's my best friend. He makes me feel like no one else ever could. We knew we were right for each other. We were together 8 months before getting pregnant and less than 2 years before getting married. Been married 5 years and he is still my world.
Pam74033
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea...its only been a month but I just know and its killing me to be "patient".
cgarlic
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I knew within a couple months I was in love with him & he was the one. We got married after 8.5 months. We will celebrate our 2 year anniversary on Monday :)
julienichel
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont believe in love at first sight but i "knew" when i saw my fiancee, i actually approached him bc there was no doubts on my end and he was in as soon as we talked. i wasnt in love with him at first obviously, but we talked on the phone nonstop for a month (i lived 5 hours north at that point) and in that time i definitely fell for him.

Pam74033
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Y'alls stories and so sweet and definitely inspiring. I'm meeting the kids tonight so...
We'll see:/
julienichel
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM

good luck :)

stacey7710
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My Dh and I met online in Sept. met in real life in Oct. moved in together in Nov. and engaged in Dec. I knew it the week when we first met. This year will be 13 years. I think everyone feels it differently and I know now that when I thought I was in love before was nothing compared to our love now. I think that's how you know.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on May. 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM

i dunno, i don't think i have ever been in love....i THOUGHT i was once..i was 18..but..i don't think it was..i know i LOVED him..but i wasn't IN LOVE with him

Andylund
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I knew after we Broke up it about killed me the brake up only lasted 36 hrs but it was too painful for us both so we worked it out and now Been together for 6 yrs.
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM

I should have known right away!! The first time I saw him, he was wearing a tight blue shirt that showed his muscles, we just looked at each other....a few days later he followed me into a classroom and asked me out, of course I said yes, we only dated for 2 weeks because he was moving too fast for me. So when I turned 17 and was having a hard time with guys I found that I was wanting him. We then dated for 9 months and he asked me to marry him, two months and 3 days later we were married. Its funny too, after we started dating the 2nd time I was looking through some old phictures and I found a 2 that had my dh in the background from before I even met him. We have been married for 10.5 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)