Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

cleaning strike.!!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have been thinking about going on a cleaning strike. I'm over spending my days off cleaning the house. While on the other hand my SO doesn't do anything on his days off but run around and do what he wants. So my days off I'm gonna do whatever I want except clean all day.
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kss12
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Girl!!!!! I felt the same exact way this morning. I have a 14 month old, I pick up after him and I turn back around and it's all over the place, that's fine, he doesn't know better. I vacuumed all upstairs and downstairs, picked up all ss11's toys and they're all over the place again.
I literally squeaky cleaned my floors on hands and knees yesterday.. Like a full deep clean. This morning I go to put something in our recycling bin in the garage and I see coffee stains on the tile that I just cleaned the crap out of! There's sunny d stains in kitchen from ss11 and there's dirt, leaves and mud form both dh's and ss's shoes. WHAT THE HECK!!! They see this dirt.. Take an effing dust buster that I keep handy and just suck it up.. It's easy!
kjsaes
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Lol right. I feel like if I don't do it it won't get done. So I will put that theory to the test

Quoting kss12:

Girl!!!!! I felt the same exact way this morning. I have a 14 month old, I pick up after him and I turn back around and it's all over the place, that's fine, he doesn't know better. I vacuumed all upstairs and downstairs, picked up all ss11's toys and they're all over the place again.

I literally squeaky cleaned my floors on hands and knees yesterday.. Like a full deep clean. This morning I go to put something in our recycling bin in the garage and I see coffee stains on the tile that I just cleaned the crap out of! There's sunny d stains in kitchen from ss11 and there's dirt, leaves and mud form both dh's and ss's shoes. WHAT THE HECK!!! They see this dirt.. Take an effing dust buster that I keep handy and just suck it up.. It's easy!

Snapdragon88
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I've been thinking about this lately too. I'm a SAHM and realized I NEVER get out because I feel like the house needs to be clean ALL the time. Done with that. Everyone talks about how clean my house is, which is nice, but I'd rather be out and about feeling like I'm a part of the world for a while!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsaes
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I would like to be able to spend my two days off a week doing fun things with my children not cleaning all day.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

I've been thinking about this lately too. I'm a SAHM and realized I NEVER get out because I feel like the house needs to be clean ALL the time. Done with that. Everyone talks about how clean my house is, which is nice, but I'd rather be out and about feeling like I'm a part of the world for a while!

Perle1
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Hiring a cleaning service was the best thing I ever did. Now I just keep things picked up and every 2 weeks strip the beds. I live with my 17 yo son so we don't dirty up the house much. It's wonderful the day they come. I walk in from work and the entire house is clean and smells great.
kjsaes
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I shouldn't have too when there are two adults that are capable. That's not the point I'm trying to get across.

Quoting Perle1:

Hiring a cleaning service was the best thing I ever did. Now I just keep things picked up and every 2 weeks strip the beds. I live with my 17 yo son so we don't dirty up the house much. It's wonderful the day they come. I walk in from work and the entire house is clean and smells great.

Andylund
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I think all I do is go to work and clean I would love my dh to clean too he just points out what he sees is messy
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ok so you'll just have a bigger mess to clean later... smart thinking

kjsaes
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
No the point is to gey my SO to start atleast picking things up.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

well...good luck wth that.

Quoting kjsaes:

No the point is to gey my SO to start atleast picking things up.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)