Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy s***! A huge hole in my yard!!! *PIC HEAVY*

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

So they are reconstructing our street and we were told they would only dig a hole about 5 feet into our yard. Well every day its a little bigger! Looks like more than 5 feet to me! It also sucks that we live on the corner because they have been parking their heavy equipment on our yard (not on the street that they are working on), including a semi truck (thats the tracks in the picture) and for some weird reason there are now little dirt piles all along that side and on the other side of the fence. Its like right on the fence...wth?

We were told that they would fix the 5 feet that they would tear  up and seed. They better! And not just on the street being reconstructed! They better fix the yard on the side too! And isnt the garbage a nice touch. I tried taking the kids out to play (I run a daycare out of the home) and the smoke from them taking their smoke breaks was too much. They all stand in the corner of my yard in a group and smoke.  I cant wait until this is all over with!

FYI I know the yard isnt looking the best to begin with but we just had a long winter. It was just snowing last week! So its slowly coming back.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovebnamommy08
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Oh goodness girl that's not right and I know having the kids couped up inside probably isn't fun for you or them I run a daycare from home myself. The smoking from them they have no right to be doing that by your house especially since you have kids I would definitely report that because of smoke the kids are inhaling that. Just my opinion hope they get it done quick :-)

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Keep all the pics in case you have to SUE them. My Hubby works in road Construction and when they do a Job they have to fix any Damage done to Property's while working on a Job they can't just leave it looking like shit.   I would also call the City (or even the Company doing the work there) and ask them what their policies are concerning all of that it might be diff. where you're at .  Good luck i hope it ends well :0)

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

yep and there is a child care center right next door to us ( I think you can see it in my fence pictures) and across the street in the front yard is a park...with no smoking!

Quoting Ilovebnamommy08:

Oh goodness girl that's not right and I know having the kids couped up inside probably isn't fun for you or them I run a daycare from home myself. The smoking from them they have no right to be doing that by your house especially since you have kids I would definitely report that because of smoke the kids are inhaling that. Just my opinion hope they get it done quick :-)

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

thank you

Quoting mom_dl6:

Keep all the pics in case you have to SUE them. My Hubby works in road Construction and when they do a Job they have to fix any Damage done to Property's while working on a Job they can't just leave it looking like shit.   I would also call the City (or even the Company doing the work there) and ask them what their policies are concerning all of that it might be diff. where you're at .  Good luck i hope it ends well :0)

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Oh and they should have designated Parking areas for their heavy equipment which DOES NOT include Peoples yards PERIOD,They should have came to you and asked Permission to park there !

mich.el.le
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Keep the pics, take pics of them parking in your yard and complain to the city about it. That's ridiculous.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yes definetly do take pics of them Parking in your yard !

Quoting mich.el.le:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I hope DH got pics of that. They.haven't parked there this week. Maybe they saw us taking pics...lol

Quoting mom_dl6:

Quoting mich.el.le:

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I hope so too that would be even better,Just keep a watchful eye on them :0)

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I hope DH got pics of that. They.haven't parked there this week. Maybe they saw us taking pics...lol

Quoting mom_dl6:

Quoting mich.el.le:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Bumo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)