Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Advice and opinions welcome!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

my fiancee has a son and daughter from a previous relationship and since we got engaged (13 months now) his ex hasnt let him have contact with his kids. they have a standing custody agreement and she refuses to answer calls or let them visit us. her story is he doesnt pay support (he does i write the checks every other week bc i handle bills) and has left the kids to be with me and my kids and he doesnt call etc. we are going to court AGAIN to get his visitation forced so we can see the kids but we doubt it will go in our favor bc the ex has friends in high places....since taking the kids from hubby to be the ex has told the kids that he hates them and doesnt want to see them and craziness......

my idea/question would there ever be legal reprecussions to putting all of it online? i want to record messages for the kids he cant see telling them we love them and miss them and want them with us and also put the truth of it all out there. that we have went broke paying lawyers, that my fiancee has been asked to sign them over for a year and he wont bc he loves them, that he pays support and gets them bday gifts and cards etc even tho we dont see them. IDK i guess I want the world and those kids to know whats really going on and  hope it will somehow convince her to let him see the kids...

thoughts?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Snowl
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Wow. In Pennsylvania visitation and child support are two different issues. You are not allowed to keep a parent from visiting even if they are NOT paying child support.  Good Luck!

julienichel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM

you arent allowed to here either! she is in contempt of court and has been for a year, but the child support was set at 1300 A MONTH and he was able to pay about half of it, the judge wouldnt reduce it or consider visitation issues till it caught up!!!!!

Quoting Snowl:

Wow. In Pennsylvania visitation and child support are two different issues. You are not allowed to keep a parent from visiting even if they are NOT paying child support.  Good Luck!

julienichel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN