Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it just me?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm starting to feel like I'm not a very good person to be friends with. I know, i know very negative thoughts. Just seems like i talk to someone and it doesn't last very long. Is it just me? Am i doing something wrong?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lcappytan05
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody is going to be able to tell you without knowing you personally...kwim?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have this same feeling.  I have never been able to maintain a long friendship.  I think in part for me, i moved so much as a child, i never developed that skill fully within myself.  Friendships usually take work just like any other relationship.

alecolby
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Its hard when only one of you is working on it

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have this same feeling.  I have never been able to maintain a long friendship.  I think in part for me, i moved so much as a child, i never developed that skill fully within myself.  Friendships usually take work just like any other relationship.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes  I have had to learn how to let go when the other person seems to have given up rather than push the issue.

Quoting alecolby:

Quoting frndlyfn:

alecolby
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I think i need to learn to do that

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes  I have had to learn how to let go when the other person seems to have given up rather than push the issue.

Quoting alecolby:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN