Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do you think of a child having life insurance???

Posted by   + Show Post

I have always ponderd whether or not I should get my children life insurance plans....I mean me and DH have them, but I cant imagine collecting a check on my kid dying.

Do you have one for your children???

What do you think of children life insurance????

Can someone please clarify what the Gerber life insurance plan actually is??????

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
alexis_06
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM

i dont have it for myself..or for my daughter..

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Yes we have coverage on our kids a s well as DH&I.
3xangel
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Yes we have coverage on our kids a s well as DH&I.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Many life insurance plans can be cashed out after the child turns 18 or it can be used towards their college years. Heaven forbid something happens to the child before then, it would help cover costs of burial and such.  I had a life insurance plan apparently and when that place closed up i got a nice check in mail.

bananagrams
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

My grandparents purchased life insurance for me when I was 3. Now that I'm over 30 it's gone up to about $25,000, enough to pay for a funeral or other expenses. Once I got married and had children they switched the beneficiary to my daughter and husband. It is through Globe Life. ETA-It's nice that as an adult I don't have to worry if something would happen to me because of them taking care of it when I was a child.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Everyone of my children get life insurance policies the day they are born.  We just go through our insurance carrier.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Ditto

Quoting ladybuglove08:

My kids are included as a rider under mine & dh's policy. It would cover funeral expenses

Mom2five87
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Don't think of it as collecting a check if your child dies. Chances are that won't happen... and the policy will carry over into adulthood.

My husband is a life insurance agent and he has done lots of policies on kids.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

juju40
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

...I have life insurance on all three of my kids through my husbands work

Seagodess
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Maybe where you live, and it depends on if they are creamated or burried.

My mom died when I was 16 and grandma died when I was 18. They didn't have life insurance and my family (aunt and uncle) didn't have even half that amount. I think both cost under $1000 each. Both were creamated, which was a couple hundred dollars. We used a church for the service which was free, and a family member got a minister from her church to speak, which was either free or they gave a donation to. After we went to a family members house and had finger foods.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I really suggest y'all check out the price of a funeral.  I think you'll find $10,000. Isn't enough for a decent funeral.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN