Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do you think of a child having life insurance???

Posted by   + Show Post

I have always ponderd whether or not I should get my children life insurance plans....I mean me and DH have them, but I cant imagine collecting a check on my kid dying.

Do you have one for your children???

What do you think of children life insurance????

Can someone please clarify what the Gerber life insurance plan actually is??????

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
kitty8199
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I think its smart and responsible. I don't know about you, but I don't have 10,000, laying around if God forbid something happen.
She's had insurance since she was 2 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
A rider? This isn't auto insurance. Life insurance is what she means. That won't cover a funeral if it isn't auto related.

Quoting ladybuglove08:

My kids are included as a rider under mine & dh's policy. It would cover funeral expenses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
It covers the funeral but not the plot. My church will give her a plot at no cost bc I'm a member.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I really suggest y'all check out the price of a funeral.  I think you'll find $10,000. Isn't enough for a decent funeral.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Theresa on May. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I of course had life insurance on them ( they are grown now).  Funerals start at around 10,000 dollars.  Just that little plot of ground is about $6000.

TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM
My mom got it on us after we were born. I automatically got a policy after each of my girls were born. I always thought that was the norm to do but I've learned differently over the yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

considered it..but never signed up for it.

notquite2sets
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
All four of my kids have life insurance policys. Ones I have once grown they don't have to pay.
Arwyn724
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Yes, my kids both have policies.  My brother died when he was 18, and my(divorced) parents were not financially prepared for the funeral expenses.

terpmama
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
We do on our oldest (4) and are getting it today actually for the littlest (2)...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCarnes88
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I also have the gerber plan for both each have 20k and when this one is born I will again have the same policy and it is very cheap..

Quoting dtm1491:

I have the Gerber Life Insurance Policy. The rate is locked in until my dd is 18. When she is of age the policy is in her name only. She has the option of cashing it in on the monetary value or continuing with a low rate of life insurance coverage for herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN