Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help: hives/bug bites PIOG

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

The other morning I woke up and realized I was up all night scratching my skin...so that sucked.  Last night this happened again, I woke myself up to check out my skin and found I had what I thought was bug bites all over my legs and some on my hips.  They're like mosquito bites of all different sizes-red, hot, and intensely itchy.  I took off my pants, panicked, put calamine lotion on and went back to sleep.  I wake up again, and those spots are gone but I have alittle of 'em in other spots.  So now I think they're hives.

My son has a tiny bit of poison ivy on him, but I haven't touched him.  The pants I had been wearing had been dried on the clothesline, and kept touching the grass.  I've also started babysitting a little boy during the week. So, do you think it's poison ivy, some reaction to the pants hitting the grass, or the boy brought bugs with him?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Bed bugs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Poison ivy
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM

I'm terrified of those-they were my first thought but I don't think so.  I checked the bed throroughly & googled bed bites/reactions...doesn't look like those at all.  I really think it's hives now & I'm wondering if letting your clothes hit the grass on the clothesline can cause that...like if you're allergic to grass or hay or something.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Bed bugs?

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:39 AM

my dh said poison ivy wouldn't go away like it did.  It was covering my legs 3 hrs ago and now it's gone...it's popped up a tiny bit in other spots but now my panic might be causing it there kwim?

Quoting Sunshine257:

Poison ivy

luvtohunt
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Could it be carpet beetles? I accidently googled them when i found a weird bug in my car, and it sounds like that. They dont bite, but leave tiny hairs arround that some people are allergic to. People sometimes wake up with hive-like marks. Google it and see if thats what it sounds like to you.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Poison ivy won't disappear that rapidly. Is it possible that pollen is on the clothes or sheets you dried outside and you are allergic?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)