Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mothers Day is coming soon.. Ideas, Thoughts?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well Good Morning to all of you. Hope your having a great week. Last night was a sleepless night. 18 weeks and thats started already lol. I so want some Coffee really need to kick that craving in the butt! I just want one cup lol. 

So mothers day is coming so soon ... My mother lives 11 hours away and I miss her so much. I wish I could mail her a present . But something small. I'm limited on funds right now. I wonder if a candle would be to heavy and expensive. Any ideas of little things to mail for a special mom?

What are you ladies getting your mothers. Or what are you expecting. ! ?

Audrey

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I usually buy my Mom a bag of MNMS since she likes that candy and she is OK with that,You can mail your mom a candle in a box just wrap it in bubble wrap and I am sure it would get there,I am not expecting anything, my children are my Mother's Day Gift,also that day is my Birthday so we are going out to eat at The Old Country Buffett and I might buy a cake for fun...My children always get me a little gift and they make me handmade cards and they usually make stuff at school for me...

RADmomma
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
It depends on the size of the candle. It can get expensive.

I won't see my mom on Mother's Day. She lives 4 hours or so away!!

I'll call her, I might get a card. But we just talked about how cards are expensive & w a waste of money because they get thrown out. I would rather get her a small gift & give it to her when I see her next.
RADmomma
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
It depends on the size of the candle. It can get expensive.

I won't see my mom on Mother's Day. She lives 4 hours or so away!!

I'll call her, I might get a card. But we just talked about how cards are expensive & w a waste of money because they get thrown out. I would rather get her a small gift & give it to her when I see her next.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I won't be getting anything for my mom.  She is no longer with us. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

What about getting a gift card to mail to her or a certificate that she can print off?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Magazine Subscription?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Hi there,
How about a gift card to her favorite restaurant?
Am sur others will have more ideas for you :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hi I think a gift card is a better idea! Less costly on the shipping =) And I still drank one cup of coffee during pregnancy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom! I like the gift card idea too! But make it to a candle store or something she would have to buy for herself. Not a huge chain store or visa card. But something like a michaels if she does crafts. etc etc!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)