Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone else volunteer at your kids pre-school?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
My daughter has never really been away from us.She's super smart,I do pre- k and other workbooks and acrivities with her.She gets -along with others but I think she's ready for school,any one else volunteer?
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarah824
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

The preschool I work at doesn't have parents volunteer. They are invited to parties and field trips, but not day to day stuff. Around here that happens once they go to kinder.

Hrmommyhswif09
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I called the pre school she might attend and they told me I can come in anytime :)
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd's school requires 9 hours/year of volunteer work. I do a lot more than that, I think if at all possible, parents need to stay involved.

tifbrown
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yup and I love it. My oldest was in pre school this year and it's mandatory for parents to participate in volunteer days. My youngest starts in September, so I can do lots of volunteering. I can't wait :)
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sounds like she is ready for preschool, although I wouldn't volunteer you need her to get her used to being away from you and have others work with her. At our preschool parents only volunteer for parties. I plan on volunteering when my DD is in school full time but I expect to be doing zeroxing or laminating which is time consuming for teachers to do.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yes, when my kids were in school I always volunteered, both in the PTO, the classroom, the library, any special events.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Our pre-school invites parents to come in for story times and some craft times.  I've gone in and read stories to the class a couple times and love it.  

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

CafeMom Tickers

Hrmommyhswif09
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Awesome :) Thanks ladies!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)