Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Spray tanning

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
I'm getting married this Saturday and today I'm going to sun tan city to do the spray tan. Has anyone done this? I have a coupon for a free session and I really want to have some color for my wedding. This is not where the person sprays you this is the machine you step into and you can choose your shade and stuff. Anyone want to share their experience? Will it last till Saturday? What can I do to make it last longer? I had a bad experience once during a spray tan where the person sprayed it on me and I looked Terible I was spotty all over just so nervous that will happen again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen_keiko
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM

make sure you exfoliate well before you go so that all the skin that gets sprayed is new skin that won't flake off in patches. :)

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM
If you had a bad experience with self tanner once before, I don't think I would chance doing it again so close to the wedding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Yea I exfoliated last night and today again.

Quoting jen_keiko:

make sure you exfoliate well before you go so that all the skin that gets sprayed is new skin that won't flake off in patches. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Last time I had it done I had it done at a cosmetology school by a student and she made it so dark and uneven. This time its professional and I will choose a much lighter color.

Quoting crwspringer:

If you had a bad experience with self tanner once before, I don't think I would chance doing it again so close to the wedding

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
des-momma
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Exfoliate the night before I mean real good don't put any lotion on deodorant body spray ect. Your skin needs to be totally bare nothing on it. Put her hair up as much as possible then don't wash or anything up to 8+ hrs. And the first rinse/shower don't use soap just rinse. To make it last longer you can use a tan lotion jergens anything that has worked for you. Try avoiding extremely hot showers sweating or putting make up on until your wedding. No baby lotion or oil or mineral oil on your skin it will fade it out.
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Ok thanks. I already did a good exfoliating. So I can just use regular lotion like Nivea? Can I shave? I'd like to shave the day before wedding but scared I will take off the tan

Quoting des-momma:

Exfoliate the night before I mean real good don't put any lotion on deodorant body spray ect. Your skin needs to be totally bare nothing on it. Put her hair up as much as possible then don't wash or anything up to 8+ hrs. And the first rinse/shower don't use soap just rinse. To make it last longer you can use a tan lotion jergens anything that has worked for you. Try avoiding extremely hot showers sweating or putting make up on until your wedding. No baby lotion or oil or mineral oil on your skin it will fade it out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

After the spray make sure you massage in in evenly, careful of the knees hands, ankle. tops of feet.

amberbamber0213
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

i get a clear coat that sets into a tan hours later its less strecky and blochey.

MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Massage it in all over? Or just around knees and feet? This machine apparently air dries you too and you can put clothes o right after.

Quoting Amybelle:

After the spray make sure you massage in in evenly, careful of the knees hands, ankle. tops of feet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Oh really? Do you so it in those machines? Or does a person do it? I don't want to be really dark I just won't a glow.

Quoting amberbamber0213:

i get a clear coat that sets into a tan hours later its less strecky and blochey.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN