Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

men who don't wear wedding rings...?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 148 Replies

Poll

Question: How faithful, happy in their marriage are men who don't wear wedding rings?

Options:

they aren't at all happy

they are but just want to see what they can get

its no big deal- he wont cheat

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I'm just curious- I see more and more married men who don't wear their wedding rings- what do you think it means if a man is married but not wearing a ring? Should he not have to. Should it not matter? Does the ring not symbolize some sort of pride in his marriage?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Dh and i have been together 14 yrs. Its just not practical for him to wear one at work. As a result he tends to forget it off the clock lol. I trust him completely. We're actually looking at getting a small and modest tattoo on our ring fingers.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on his job. If a ring could get caught it's safety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I get on DH about wearing his at work. He really shouldn't but he does. I don't think it means anything if a man doesn't wear his ring.
sewingmama88
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Some jobs dont let them wear them if thats the case they forget to wear them.
RADmomma
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Hubby would loose a finger if he wore his to work, he is pretty good about remembering on the weekends though.
sewingmama88
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
For a while my dh didnt wear his due to the type of work he does so we got a new ring he can wear. Its a tungsten one so if for sone reason it gets stuck it will break before it does anything to him.
C8linVilla
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont understand not wearing the ring... Why get married if you would not want to wear a ring and show they are happy. My husband can not wear his at work(construction and welding) and he sold his car after work one day and forgot his ring in the car. So mad! So currently he does not have one but getting one this weekend. he is more annoyed about not having it then me though. I mean im mad he left it in there but he keeps asking me to just get one online for him.

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My husband isn't allowed to wear his at work either.
C8linVilla
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I assume your talking about 24/7 though like not at all? That is not ok with me! If im marrying a man he needs to wear it. Its a symbol of our love to each other and not wearing it would make me think he was ashamed or something

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Neither my DH or I wear our rings on a daily basis. We both got out of the habit. He can't wear his at work and I didn't wear mine for son long when they kids were younger because it kept scratching them and getting dirty.

::shrug::

He doesn't need a ring to remind him he is married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)