Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

men who don't wear wedding rings...?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How faithful, happy in their marriage are men who don't wear wedding rings?

Options:

they aren't at all happy

they are but just want to see what they can get

its no big deal- he wont cheat

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I'm just curious- I see more and more married men who don't wear their wedding rings- what do you think it means if a man is married but not wearing a ring? Should he not have to. Should it not matter? Does the ring not symbolize some sort of pride in his marriage?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (141-148):
jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM

my husband dont wear his right now because he cant. he jammed that finder a few months ago and his ring dont fit any more so we need to buy him a new one

itsnotamovie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM
We have been married for over a year, and he just got his ring, and only wears it a few times, mostly his days off. We are happy and it doesn't worry or bother me that he doesn't have/wear one.

I wear a ring almost everyday, and the ring he gave me fit being his gf is in my other hand.
dommad2
by Tamara on May. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM
DH and I both don't wear them. Mine doesn't fit and he lost his 5yrs ago. Since he inserts our marriage into most conversations within the first 5 min I don't see the problem. We are very proud of our marriage and don't require the rings to show it.
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Quoting Caryss_mommy:

lol yeah its not for everyone. We love ink. I might at some point get a ring, but its not practical for him and i tend to lose things like jewelry bc im not very girly and dont wear it very often lol.
Tonya_Lynn84
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Same for us, except we will be married 12yrs in June abd that is when we are getting our wedding ring tattoos. I do crossfit which I cant where my ring and dh does construction, so yeah not practical.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Dh and i have been together 14 yrs. Its just not practical for him to wear one at work. As a result he tends to forget it off the clock lol. I trust him completely. We're actually looking at getting a small and modest tattoo on our ring fingers.
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

yup. Construction here as well. Just not worth the injury.
wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on May. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
When people ask this question, I always get this image in my head of people screwing everyone in sight before a magic ring is placed on their finger preventing them from doing so.

Ridiculous, huh?
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

When my husband was still working as a cop, and also when he worked as a PO, he never wore his ring. He dealt with a lot of ugly people, and the less they knew about him, the better. I never had an issue with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)